Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats to the McGraws

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Default Congrats to the McGraws

I just wanted to say a big well done to John and Elizabeth McGraw on having reached 11,000 pub photographs on the site

........ to save time, i though i would post this for next week........

A big well done to John and Elizabeth McGraw for reaching 12,000 photos on the site!
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I just wanted to say a big well done to John and Elizabeth McGraw on having reached 11,000 pub photographs on the site
    Blimey - that's good work, so keep it up... (Actually, thinking about it, that's 20% of the total number of pubs and bars in the UK which makes it a pretty remarkable achievement so "good work" doesn't even come close...)
    Last edited by rpadam; 01-02-2011 at 22:42.

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    that's 20% of the total number of pubs and bars in the UK
    Wow...that is an incredible feat. Great work!!

Congratulations should also go to Strongers who recently overtook Mr McGraw as the top PUG reviewer (unless there's a prolific reviewer I've yet to stumble across), having now reviewed 1628 different pubs.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Blimey - that's good work, so keep it up... (Actually, thinking about it, that's 20% of the total number of pubs and bars in the UK which makes it a pretty remarkable achievement so "good work" doesn't even come close...)
    It is incredible work and has done an amazing amount for this site. Just to skew this stat a little though a certain amount of the pubs will be closed.

Its a shame he doesn,t sketch each pub. He could then be known as Quick Draw McGraw.

Sorry to the younger members who may not remember this cartoon character.
    From the home of the kebab of doom

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Just to add my admiration of the McGraws, a truly amazing feat. I know just how much time & trouble it took me to attempt just one area of Hampshire, so the efforts of the McGraws are really outstanding

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I'm a bit slow off the mark here, but well done guys. An amazing feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossste View Post
    Its a shame he doesn,t sketch each pub. He could then be known as Quick Draw McGraw.
    .....What if John and Elizabeth always visited a pub at opening time? Then they could be the 'Early Doors' McGraws.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Spritzer Swallower

It's been very rewarding, but very, very alarming to see so many of our pubs closing. John does all the hard work walking miles,Camera at the ready (good way to use our bus pass though!) most of the time these days I stay at home doing all the Admin so any mistakes blame me. keep looking at Pubsgalore as we have not finished yet by a long chalk,I am getting lists & maps ready for the next big batch in March, John says he is keeping a check on his Liver!!! John & Liz Mcgraw

I take my hat off to the McGraws as it must take Green Beret like planning to hit every pub in each town and take a picture from every angle! I usually end up missing one which really cheeses me off , especially when it is in a town of little interest that I wouldn’t naturally return to.

Cheers PSM, I’m not sure that I will be at the top for long though as I cannot keep up with AL 10000 the serial reviewer – Hats off again!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES