Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: What should be included on PG

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post

Going into a pub a waste of time? surely some mistake here.
    I agree
    MILD:

[QUOTE=sheffield hatter;41848I've also come across listings where there's a review but no photo. Presumably that can be explained by no equipment, no light, too drunk or just plain forgot. [/QUOTE]

Or perhaps its the fact that some of us don't even think of carrying a camra whenever we go out for a drink.

I have 859 reviews and 6 photo's of 2 pubs.
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 17-02-2012 at 11:12.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Or perhaps its the fact that some of us don't even think of carrying a camra whenever we go out for a drink.

Those damn CAMRA's to lazy too even walk, they should give them bus tokens instead.

Still at least they might be able to throw a camera round their neck and take some pictures while you give them a piggy back

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post

Just not dedicated are you, Mr C?
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Those damn CAMRA's to lazy too even walk, they should give them bus tokens instead.

Still at least they might be able to throw a camera round their neck and take some pictures while you give them a piggy back
    Ah yes, a freudian slip there I think.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

I'll stay on me own

Just had another look at the Red Lion in Crich which is listed as a normal pub.

To get into this pub will cost one adult £12 pounds and the museum that it is in only opens from 10 till 5 during peak times and is closed from 5 November till 17 February.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Just had another look at the Red Lion in Crich which is listed as a normal pub.

To get into this pub will cost one adult £12 pounds and the museum that it is in only opens from 10 till 5 during peak times and is closed from 5 November till 17 February.
    I just can't see what would be achieved by deleting this one.

It is clearly a pub (of a sort), and you don't have to pay to get in (although clearly you have to pay to get to it).

Since Quinno took the trouble to add the place, review it and take a couple of photographs, I would suggest that it ought to be left on the site (especially as his review makes it perfectly clear what the position is).

I'll stay on me own

I was'nt asking for a deletion but i was making a point that this pub with a normal pub name is listed as a normal pub and in my opinion it is far from normal with restricted opening times,closures during winter months and a £12 pound charge to get to it.

Regarding Quinnos review he does say a charge is made but not how much or the restricted opening times.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    It is clearly a pub (of a sort), and you don't have to pay to get in (although clearly you have to pay to get to it).
    A bit like airside airport bars then, which you obviously have to pay to get at (i.e. by purchasing a ticket from an airline) but don't have to pay to enter. Looks like a special case to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    A bit like airside airport bars then, which you obviously have to pay to get at (i.e. by purchasing a ticket from an airline) but don't have to pay to enter. Looks like a special case to me.
    Quite so, and I have previously put my head above the parapet a few times to advocate listing airside bars (as I believe doing so serves a useful purpose)...