Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Spoons Beer Festival.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I think, i have only ever used one of my vouchers, boyo - i am just lazy i guess. But if in a Spoons i always look first for MILDs, then Stouts - but i just find Spoons so hit and miss really, i have had pints in a Spoons that seem ok, until you try them elsewhere, when you really get the taste. Perhaps i am unfair, but life is like that - i do resent the fact that the GBG 2010 contains loads of them.
    MILD:

Looks like we might be needing a 'Spoons - Good or Bad type thread

I can't comment on the current festival has I've had nowt this time round, and it looks like I wont get to a JDW before Monday - wrong places and too much work and I've still got 9 vouchers left to use before the 4th December

" i do resent the fact that the GBG 2010 contains loads of them." Soupdragon Quote.

I was looking at an American site which rates beer if you get my drift. The top 100 ales are nearly all American brewed and the great majority are described as Imperial Stout. Its strange but I dont see many people drinking stout and did not see a lot in Florida and that was Guiness super chilled. Mind ,in that heat it was the last thing I would want.It has a big market but not apparently in the pubs I visit.
    This evening I did see the Caledonian DD Stout but decided to pass it for a pale ale with my curry.I can hear you all shouting "Wimp" way out here in the sticks.

Almost got flattened by the Nat Exp. Coach in Hereford today.That had Abedare on its route sign.And here I see the place mentioned. Never given the place a thought before.

SOUPS just re read your thread. Are you refering to Wetherspoons ? in which case I had hold of the wrong end of the stick.
    Last edited by arwkrite; 12-11-2009 at 23:10.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Yes, Mr A - i do mean Wetherspoons, sorry if my general gabble confused anyone
    MILD:

Almost got flattened by the Nat Exp. Coach in Hereford today.That had Abedare on its route sign.And here I see the place mentioned. Never given the place a thought before.

Resist the urge to go to Aberdare, there's very little to recommend it, certainly not the quality of the beer. You will only be disappointed, whatever your expectations.
    Last edited by nogoodboyo; 13-11-2009 at 18:10. Reason: artistic license

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I've still got 9 vouchers left to use before the 4th December
    Post to me

Pretty please...

Default more 'Spoons

I ventured out today to watch Pontypridd play Neath at Sardis Road aka the house of pain. Not being a fan of the cold fizzy keg brew they sell in the ground I popped into The Tumble Inn, a ‘Spoons pub in Pontypridd. First off was Ringwood Filly Drift, a good traditional bitter from the New Forest. This might not the best pint I had this week, but it was the most enjoyable.
    Learning that the Ponty game was cancelled due to the rain, I headed back up to the bar to sample the Fairport Five beer. At this point I’d forgotten that I’d already used one voucher this visit, but the barman didn’t seem to mind. This was a 5% golden ale produced with the festival in mind. It has a strong citrus flavour which I know many of you guys dislike. Any other time I would have enjoyed it more, but after the Filly Drift it didn’t go down too well. At least I managed to catch some rugby, as Welsh serial under-achievers the Ospreys defeat to Bath was showing on S4C ( it’s a Channel 4 for the Welsh).