Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Six Nations 2011 Rugby Prediction Game

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I enjoyed watching the game and have just had a look on Sportguru and the Pubs galore pool are 54th out of 512 after the first game not bad for a load of beer drinkers!!
    Up to 43rd now, keep it up everyone, we're playing for the honour of PG as well now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    I'd just like to make it clear that I really don't follow rugby at all, so my predictions were total guesswork. So it does amuse me to see that I'm currently 43rd out of 6842 overall.
    Given that you are probably going to win the PG Cricket competition (although Australia look like winning this last game), is that another sport that you are just 'lucky' at Dave?
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    I'd just like to make it clear that I really don't follow rugby at all, so my predictions were total guesswork. So it does amuse me to see that I'm currently 43rd out of 6842 overall.

France to beat the Scots by just 8 points would be most welcome.
    France to win by 13 was fine, 14 would have been better.

I don't follow rugby either and I'm second in our pool
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Can I just say I'm currently the strongest person in our pool...

But tha't just because I played the tactical card of a welsh victory, on the basis that if the buggers had done us I would have got the brucey bonus of SportsGuru leg up, and as England pulled it of I could console my poor pool start by basking in the warmth of doing the Taff's in Cardiff.. Always a good feeling..

Anyway no need to play that game in the next round.
    Got enough trouble with the Scotland v Wales game , which is a tough one to call..
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Got enough trouble with the Scotland v Wales game , which is a tough one to call..
    Isn't it just. I was a little too optimistic about Scotland containing the scoreline in Paris, but with them being at home I think they'll shade it against Wales.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I'll stay on me own

Well done to the Pubs galore 11 we are now up to 11th out of 530.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Given that you are probably going to win the PG Cricket competition (although Australia look like winning this last game), is that another sport that you are just 'lucky' at Dave?
    I do at least follow cricket so I wont claim that as pure luck. Although it was my pessimism that really helped - I pretty much backed the Aussies to win most of the games which worked very well in the one day series.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Congratulations to Evil Gazebo who won the Pubs Galore Six Nations pool by just 0.25 of a point from Dave. This was despite not getting a sigle yellow cap as a top round scorer, Dave got two and Hondo also got two, although finished down in 5th place. The other yellow cap went to Gann.

In fact congratulations on a good team performance to everyone as our pool came 12th overall out of a total of 534 pools. Let's see what we can do in the F1 comp. Also make sure you make your semi-final and final picks in the Cricket World cup as we are currently sitting 7th of 138.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.