Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Nations 2011 Rugby Prediction Game

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Default Six Nations 2011 Rugby Prediction Game

I thought we should have one of these for the Six Nations rugby competition starting on 4th Feb. Only a short competition, 5 rounds over about six weeks and the scoring is the same as for the other rugby games, i.e. you predict the winner and the margin of victory.

Invitations will have been sent to everyone in the Premier League pool but it's open to all PG Forum users, go to the Sportguru website click on 'Pools' then 'join a pool' and enter the code BURGYALE.

I've even managed to upload a PG logo which will hopefully appear on our Pool page. Hope I haven't broken any copyright issues by doing so Conrad.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

I'm in - I'll try and guess my way through the 6 weeks, much like I am in the cricket!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I'm in - I'll try and guess my way through the 6 weeks, much like I am in the cricket!
    Cheers Strongers, application accepted. I seem to be getting most of the cricket ones wrong recently.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

I'll stay on me own

Hi Millay,

I have tried to follow your instructions but yet again i hav'nt got the faintest idea what i am doing

I also tried to join the football one in August guess what then

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Hi Millay,

I have tried to follow your instructions but yet again i hav'nt got the faintest idea what i am doing
    It's understandable Alan, some of us have been using the site for a while so are used to how it works. Things are further confused by the fact that SportGuru seem to change the layout of the pages for each new competition, as they have with this one. However I'll try to give you, and anyone else who needs it, a step-by-step guide.

First thing you need to do is to go to this link http://www.sportguru.co.uk/sixnations/

If you've not used the site before you'll need to register. You need to choose a username, I use CliveJ but many on here use their PG forum name so it's easy to identify each other. You'll need to provide an e-mail address and choose a password, you'll need these to log in each time you visit.

After registering make sure you are on the RBS Six Nations page then click on 'Pools' on the menu that runs along the top.

This should give a drop down menu and you should select 'Join a Pool'.

You should then see a 'Find a Pool' box in which you should type BURGYALE. If this doesn't work try CliveJ or Pubs Galore.

You should then see the PG icon and our Pool and there will be a button you can use to apply to join the pool (there may be two successive pages on which you need to do this)

If all that works you'll get a message on screen telling you that your application for the Pool has been sent.

I then get an e-mail and accept your application.

Hope you decide to have another go.

Cheers

I'll stay on me own

Hi Millay,

I think i have registered but i still hav'nt got the faintest idea what i am now doing

I may have joined a pool but it is'nt one with Clivej in it and now when i click on the link on your first post it takes me to a league table that i dont undestand

Hi Millay,

I think i have registered but i still hav'nt got the faintest idea what i am now doing

I may have joined a pool but it is'nt one with Clivej in it and now when i click on the link on your first post it takes me to a league table that i dont undestand
    OK, I expect I know what has happened. When you first join you are put into a random pool with other players. This will probably be called something like Autopool XXX.

What you now need to do is log back in and go to the 'Pools' tab from the menu along the top and select 'Join a Pool' from the drop down menu. Then follow the instructions in my earlier post.

Good Luck

I'll stay on me own

Hi Millay,

I have done what you said and entered all three names and none of these seem to work it always says 0 pools found with each name i have used.

I think i will now give up trying to do this,i am a technophobe and i am doing something wrong but i dont know what.

Thanks for your help Alan.

signed up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	liberty.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	484

Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité et de la bière
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    I've even managed to upload a PG logo which will hopefully appear on our Pool page. Hope I haven't broken any copyright issues by doing so Conrad.
    Giving us some free advertising? No issues broken with me.

I think i will now give up trying to do this,i am a technophobe and i am doing something wrong but i dont know what.
    Whilst I really like what sportguru do, I do find their site a nightmare to work around (somewhat hypocritical given PG is mostly my fault).