Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Premier League of Darts

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    PDC - Professional
    BDO - Amateur... Although there are a couple of BDO players that would waltz into the top 16 of the PDC.
    From Wikipedia:

An average over 100 in a match in the PDC World Championship has [since the split] been achieved 58 times, compared to 20 times in the BDO World Championships, despite the BDO tournament's longer history. 9 different men have achieved an average of over 100 in the PDC tournament, compared to 8 different men in the BDO tournament since the split in 1994.

The Grand Slam could, in a few years, start to settle the argument a bit.

Thing with the BDO is that, outside of the top four or five players, there's some shocking darts going on - mainly an inability to hit doubles. If Martin Adams could properly conquer his nerves, he'd be a good bet for the top 16 of the PDC. Likewise John Walton, if he can get back his form of a few years back.

Having seen plenty of games, there's definitely and element of 'raising your game' when playing against someone like Taylor - averages go up.

Scott Waites is a BDO player and he won the Grand Slam of Darts last year beating Barneveld, Co Stompe, The Bronze Adonis (who knocked Taylor out) and then James Wade in the final. He's a carpenter, but I reckon he'll make the switch this year.

I agree that averages go up when playing Taylor, especially as most people don't get to throw for a double so they are just scoring.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I agree that averages go up when playing Taylor, especially as most people don't get to throw for a double so they are just scoring.
    - true.

Scott Waites - I saw him play Stephen Bunting at the Lakeside and he didn't show any real flair, might have been an off-day but Bunting (who did play fairly well) took him apart without too much fuss. Bunting could be a good player but he seems to get frustrated easily and lose his poise.