Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nearest pub you yet to visit

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

There are of course many pubs I've been in and regretted. Some of these are fairly local but I'd need some kind of encouragement to revisit and review them. Some may require a bodyguard.

Hmm, possible PuG sponsorship idea perhaps

Perhaps we could organise a group visit, safety in numbers and all that. One of those large white and yellow armoured vans for transport and the requisite numbers of riot gear outfits it would look like a stag night do. By the time we reach the bar we would have the place to ourselves. No queueing for the quiz machine or the bandit. There should be no complaints about our taste in drinks....unless I order something with a cherry on a stick, sparkler and a little umbrella.
    We would have to be home by mid night though else the van turns into a pumpkin and we turn it white mice armed with cans of pepper spray.

Spritzer Swallower

I live fairly close to The Fort — http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/24230/ — and often go past it on the bus. It always looks closed, though I'm reliably informed that it looks exactly the same when it's open.

I don't think they would let me in, though, being of the female persuasion...