Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pub Crawls

I'll stay on me own

Default Pub Crawls

Here are a few pub crawls that broke records for me.

Oldham 1 October 1983 11.30 start 3.00 finish 22 pubs

Sheffield 1 October 1983 6.00 start 9.00 finish 10 pubs

32 pubs in one day with a mate.

Edinburgh 29 July 1987 2.00 in afternoon start to 5 August 1987 3.00 finish in afternoon.

160 pubs done in Edinburgh and 17 in Glasgow all done with my wife total 177.

Oxford to watch Forest 19-20 December 1987 34 pubs done left Oxford 2.30 Sunday afternoon all done with my wife.

I have done other large pub crawls but as most forum users like visiting pubs i wondered if there are any recorded large pub crawls from any forum users.

I have put this on has the forum seems a bit quiet at the moment Alan.

What exactly constitutes "doing" a pub during one of your crawls? I could "do" 34 pubs in a lunchtime if all I bought was a packet of crisps and ate them on the way to the next one! If it's a half in each one that's not bad. If it's a pint in each one I am surprised you're still here to tell us.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

34 packets of crisps in one lunchtime would be some intake but I suppose the walking between pubs would burn the calories off !

You would be busy finding 22 pubs that you can crawl round in Oldham now, certainly within the three and a half hours, although in 83 it would have been possible. If you wanted to do it now and drink real ale in each one i would say it is damn near impossible to find anywhere near 22, although there is no mention of real ale in the OP.

Non the less 22 in 3.5hrs is top crawling.

I am now going to put my hat on so that i can take it off to you sir.
    From the home of the kebab of doom

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Al,that really is top crawling

I used to work for a company whose HQ was in Dorking,Surrey where there was a tradition of an annual pub crawl around all the licensed premises of the town on the first Friday in June.I didn't work at the HQ but at a small branch operation in The City,so a few of us decided to accept the challenge .
    The crawl started at 6pm with a pint in the company's Social Club,then a half in the other 21 pubs in the town but always finishing up with a pint in the last pub,The Old House at Home,so 12 pints in total over 5 hours.However there were a lot of outlying pubs,so walking from pub to pub soon turned into a bit of jogging and because my group began to lag behind ,we resorted to hiring a cab to transport us to the last few pubs.Did complete the course on both occasions in 1991 and 1992 but it would probably kill me these days.
    I left the company in 1998 but I wouldnt be surprised if the crawl continues to this day,albeit in slightly fewer pubs.

Ringwood, on the edge of the New Forest, used to have 27 pubs in the town itself, there were 11 between The Fish in West Street and the Crown Hotel at Friday Cross.
    There were seven in the market area alone, and the town hosted three brewery's.
    Many were the porkies told about doing the lot but I don't believe a word of 'em. Me gandad tried once, to my knowledge, he never got beyond The Star in the market place, and he was some sort of drinking man.
    Tried it meself in the late '60's, managed to as far as the Railway, 12 pubs in all. Slept it off propped against the pub wall. Sadly the town would struggle to make 11 all told today and the only decent ale pub wasn't even there in me grandad's day.
    Ah sweet memories..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    What exactly constitutes "doing" a pub during one of your crawls? I could "do" 34 pubs in a lunchtime if all I bought was a packet of crisps and ate them on the way to the next one! If it's a half in each one that's not bad. If it's a pint in each one I am surprised you're still here to tell us.
    I am sure Alan did a post explaining that he drinks at least a half in each pub he visits, failing miserably to find that post with a search now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I am sure Alan did a post explaining that he drinks at least a half in each pub he visits, failing miserably to find that post with a search now though.
    I think it was Hoppy that made that bold claim!

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I think it was Hoppy that made that bold claim!
    Yep, that was one that Hoppy claimed, it is also one that Fat Beer Badger from the other place also claims (having met him) and for both I think it is a full pint or they cant review the pub.

This one apparently amused AEM and Dave when they got served a rancid pint of Doom Bar on one of their crawls with FBB.

Edit: and I still think Alan also made the half pint claim on another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    This one apparently amused AEM and Dave when they got served a rancid pint of Doom Bar on one of their crawls with FBB.
    It amused me all the more in that being a lightweight I'd opted for a coke in that particular pub.