Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 16 January 2011)

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Another modest week,but a very good pint of London Porter from the Red Squirrel Brewery was easily BOTW.Although 5% it slipped down a treat,and was very well kept in The Sportsman,Croxley Green.

Quite a few decent beers this week with Coach House Blunderbus and Three B's Oatmeal Stout getting themselves in the frame.

BOTW though is going to be the wonderfully named Dobbin The Donkey from Hornbeam brewery tried in The Baum.

Mid to dark brown with a very moreish taste.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Not much variety this week - Will opt for the Westerham S.P.A. in Dartford's Paper Moon during Grill Night.

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    Butcombe Old Vic started it, I didn't even know they did dark beers but this is a bit of alright. It's 4.8, drinks 4.2, could be dangerous.
    Yeah I ended up on that the other night, it was actually pretty good as far as I can remember. Although I had been on the 5.2% Exmoor Stag all evening, which really was dangerously drinkable and has to be my BotW. I have to say I didn't even notice that the Old Vic was 4.8 - but I am certainly understanding why I had such a headache yesterday.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Didn't have much least week but did manage a Bristol Beer Factory Ultimate Stout, which would win most weeks. However my BotW goes to White Horse Wayland Smithy which I found in a pub in Harefield that I revisited after a number of years away.
    Last edited by Millay; 18-01-2011 at 10:39.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    (got one of those bloody bugs that are doing the rounds)
    Same here and it knocked me for six. I've not had a beer for 11 days , so nothing to nominate. However, the first one this week will hopefully taste beautiful!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    ......Old Vic was 4.8 - but I am certainly understanding why I had such a headache yesterday.
    One of the true positives I take from life is the fact I don't get hangover headaches. There is, of course, a snag, the long-suffering, ever-present Mrs 'rd'.

Ps.... I'll fight anyone else who sez a word agenst me missus. I got the bargain of the century when I married 'er. She got the load of cr-p that's me..........

Pss...Written after 2 pints of Abbot Reserve an one of Dark Horse Porter. The sentiment is true but I'd never 0f written it except under the provocation of alcohol......:whistle

Psss.... Ain't beer grand..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........