Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beermats

Hybrid View

Default Beermats

Hi all,

Some of you may remember me bringing up the topic of beermats a few months ago. As I said then I still pick a few up. Since that discussion I have found myself picking up more and more. My daughter has now expressed an interest in them and I am now collecting on her behalf ( and mine to be honest !! ). Trouble is I tend to go to the same pubs and therefore get the same mats.

A search in the spare room at my mothers turned up a box full from my youth ( along with various other pub related items - I'll get onto them at a later date ).

Anyway my request is if anybody feels inclined to pick a few up here and there she ( and I ) would appreciate it.

Assuming anybody is willing I would happily pay postage. Probably best to get a few together and send me them in one go.

I reckon between all my fellow PuGers we can cover the whole of Britain !!

Please feel free to ignore this post if I am being a bit cheeky.

Cheers,

Del.

I am a salmon !!

I'm a little unsure whether to help as the Villa cost me a couple of grand slam points and the yellow cap with their equaliser this afternoon but as it is for a youngen I'll pick up a few off the south coast and you can give me delivery details when I have a little hoard in a month or so - I'll even try to find some dry ones!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

We are always picking mats up and I have loads. Don't want to throw them out and don't know what to do with them, so how do you want to arrange things where posting is concerned. I can pack a load into a creal box or similar and wrap for a trial run if you want me to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    We are always picking mats up and I have loads. Don't want to throw them out and don't know what to do with them, so how do you want to arrange things where posting is concerned. I can pack a load into a creal box or similar and wrap for a trial run if you want me to give it a go.
    Cheers Gill I will PM you. By the way was that you pictured in the latest "Out in Brum" ?

I am a salmon !!

Since you have been generous enough to provide us with 6 points this season as well as bugger up Chelski's start to the year , I will see what I can collect on my travels. I'll PM you for your address when I have a batch that is worth sending off.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Yes that was me in Out inn Brum wearing the PG meet up T-shirt. Did enjoy working the Birmingham fest this year.

I'll get some beer mats sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Since you have been generous enough to provide us with 6 points this season as well as bugger up Chelski's start to the year , I will see what I can collect on my travels. I'll PM you for your address when I have a batch that is worth sending off.
    Thank you very much and don't mention the 6 points !! There was something I wanted to ask you about the Lane. I was thinking of the pubs I used when I used to go there back in the early 90's. I went in the Olive Branch a few times but I see that the Park is closed. When did that close ?? I had a few memorable times in there.

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Hi Gill,

Just remembered we never did sort anything out. Do you still have them ? Let me know if you want to send them or meet up.

Cheers,

Del.

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I'm a little unsure whether to help as the Villa cost me a couple of grand slam points and the yellow cap with their equaliser this afternoon but as it is for a youngen I'll pick up a few off the south coast and you can give me delivery details when I have a little hoard in a month or so - I'll even try to find some dry ones!
    Cheers Strongers. I'll PM you my address when you need it. I was delighted at the late equaliser. I thought we deserved at least a point if not all three. The ref seemed very happy to book most of our team but equally happy to let Chelski get away with numerous fouls. Essien in particular made at least 4 bookable challenges including the penalty but didn't get booked. It seems to me that refs favour the "bigger" sides in the prem.

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I thought we deserved at least a point if not all three. The ref seemed very happy to book most of our team but equally happy to let Chelski get away with numerous fouls. Essien in particular made at least 4 bookable challenges including the penalty but didn't get booked. It seems to me that refs favour the "bigger" sides in the prem.
    Refs favour the bigger teams? Surely not. You don't know what you're talking about. I'm not going to talk to you anymore. And where are my loan players?

Signed,

Sir Alex Ferguson