Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Last Out, First In

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Yep , and the Urban Dusk as well. Stuck to the latter as I quite like the heavy malty taste. Was preety good and , as it turned out, a lot more exciting than that first half..
    The Urban Dusk was the only Redemption beer I had found until recently. Have also had the Fellowship Porter in the Gilpins Bell which was also rather good. They are turning out to be quite a decent brewery and I always jump at their beers when I see them.

It was an ugly win but it's max points over Xmas/New Year and I haven't been able to say that for a few years. Are you going to the Charlton game? I will be attendng the game "unshackled" so will certainly be having a couple of pints beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Well, my last pint of last night was Hawkshead Lakeland Gold in The Baum, but it was after 12.

The one just before 12 may well have been Beartown Polar Eclipse, but maybe not. I certainly had one of those last night though.

I declined the 7% Phoenix Humbug as I'd already had quite a few beers by then.
    First pint of 2011 (and the second and the third) was the rather excellent Rocket Fuel from Blindmans brewery, tried in the almost deserted Baum.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Are you going to the Charlton game? I will be attendng the game "unshackled" so will certainly be having a couple of pints beforehand.
    Not good for drinking. Presuming the Anchor & Hope still doesn't serve real ale, the last couple of times I've been (admittedly a while back) I've stuck around London Bridge to drink then gone straight to the ground. Plumstead is on the same line and Old Mill (nb buses run up Griffin Rd) offers an option I've been meaning to go back to, but a bit of a schlep back to the Valley. Not sure how Rose's (Woolwich Arsenal) is doing now, but JB's recent comment here seems to confirm my own impression that it could be much better with effort.

All that, and now I notice you're at home!!! D'oh!
    Mind you, just as bad an area up there for drinking.
    Last edited by trainman; 02-01-2011 at 10:40. Reason: wrong venue...

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    All that, and now I notice you're at home!!! D'oh!
    Mind you, just as bad an area up there for drinking.
    As it happens I will be in the Anchor & Hope on Tuesday - Glen Tilbrook of Squeeze is doing another of his "secret" warm up gigs. They didn't have any Real Ales when I was last there around June/July and doubt anything has changed which is a shame 'cos it's not a bad little pub. I was in Rose's a few days ago - has had a bit of a facelift since my last visit. Only 3 ales on although the time between Xmas & New Year may have seen stocks get a bit depleted. Still the best in Woolwich (not hard). The Old Mill in Plumstead I don't get to as often as I should but they do have the occasional Beer Fest but finding out about isn't very easy. As for Tottenham, you're right - a shocking place for pubs!

This Space For Hire

Finished 2010 and started 2011 with a Goose Island IPA from Chicago. Very nice and hoppy. CAMRA wouldn't like it.

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Finished 2010 and started 2011 with a Goose Island IPA from Chicago. Very nice and hoppy. CAMRA wouldn't like it.
    I made that my BOTW a few weeks ago, and got a few bottles in for over Christmas - very, very good.
    And you can really taste the hops!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Having managed a few in town this afternoon, the omens seem good. Last of the year was the excellent Revolutions Brewing Co 'Original 45 Porter' and the first of the year was the delicious Salamander 'Plum Bum'.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

First non-New Year's Eve pint today was a Titanic Stout and very good it was too.

23:55 polished off a pint of Guinness and 00:00 had a sip of nasty heartburn inducing sparkling plonk and 00:02 attacked another pint of Guinness.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I spent the New Year in a cottage on a farm somewhere in Somerset with just a polypin of Skinner's Betty Stogs to keep me going - so that turned out to be the last drink of last year and the first drink of this one.

The first different drink was a bottle of Oakham JHB when I got home this afternoon.

Not a bad start to the year...