Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happy New Year

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Oh God, it is not you is it?
    I hope not Farway i dont usually stay in a pub that long when i am visiting new ones but i do sometimes ask the customers if there are anymore decent pubs nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Christ, i fall into both categories
    Sounds like me too. I checked this out this afternoon and found I naturally sat between two tables 'cos the tables were pushed up against the benches and I couldn't be arsed to move them, other than that I just did the usual wandering about talking to people now and again, it's called being sociable isn't it?

I'd obviously have moved if some disagreeable old Lancastrian git had needed to sit down, were you in Yorkshire today ROBCamra by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    were you in Yorkshire today ROBCamra by the way?
    Nope, staying in Gods county all day. Just about to go and drink more beer in Tandlemans Pub Of The Year! Happy New Year OB.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Nope, staying in Gods county all day. Just about to go and drink more beer in Tandlemans Pub Of The Year! Happy New Year OB.
    sounds good as long as you don't bump into the miserable (scotch) git himself

I agree the Baum is an outstanding pub and at least Tandy recognises quality.

Happy new year to you, Mrs C, and the rest of the Beer Fest crew, hope to see you all (bar you know who!) soon for the usual gallon or two.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

A bit late off the mark, but I'd like to wish everyone involved with the site a Happy New Year. 2010 was a great year for PuG and I suspect 2011's going to be even better.

No beer at all for me on New Year's Eve, more rioja, burgundy and Chilean carmenere and some nice food cooked by friends. Had a 'dry' day yesterday, but getting a bit twitchy again, for more beer, today. I feel a wander into town coming on!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm just about functioning today after being at the darts at Ally Pally on Thursday 30th and then my sister-in-laws wedding on New Years Eve which was held at a local rugby club. My wife and her sister are of mancunian stock and my new brother-in-law is Bosnian so it was an interesting night full of cheek kissing, north/south banter and euro pop. Great stuff and the Guinness was only £2.50. Shame the dartboard was covered with decorations and out of use!!!!!!!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Former Pubs Galore Coder

A very belated Happy New Year from me as well. Thanks to everyone here for an excellent year that has seen this site continue to evolve and many of us meet in the real world