Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholsons Beer Festival

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    There's a few that have been part of their recent pool of guests but still plenty of tempting chioces. Anyone of us suvverners fancy a City/West End Ale Trail next week (Tues or Weds evening)

http://www.londonaletrail.co.uk/
    Yes I can do next Wednesday as well as Im off Weds & Thursday.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

OK - Looks like Weds is the popular choice. I quite fancy a nice stroll along the Pool of London route - a few pubs here that I haven't done for some time...

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

You may want to keep within the Nicholsons theme, but beware the (lack of) quality in the Mudlark.

I've done the Mudlark fairly recently and had no problems. Its the queue to be served in the Old Thameside that would scare me!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Certainly some good beers on the list. I tried the Cornish Stout just before Christmas and was very impressed - very nearly a BOTW.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    OK - Looks like Weds is the popular choice. I quite fancy a nice stroll along the Pool of London route - a few pubs here that I haven't done for some time...

Roger and Alesonly,
    That looks a good trail,lots of new ones for me.What time and at which pub would you like to KO,I am very flexible on time next Wednesday, afternoon onwards.I will circulate the details to some non PuG members (misguided fools ) who might like to join in,if thats OK.

I would suggest that as the No 1 (Old Thameside) is generally dreadful for service and we are likely to be at the start for a couple of pints while people arrive, we start at No 7 (The Ship) and work our way around clockwise. No 6 (Red Lion) and 5 (Walrus & Carpetner) aren't that far away so it's not that far for any latecomers to catch up. I have a couple of friends who drink around Cannon Street so they may join in at some stage but I haven't spoken to them about it yet.

There is a bit of a gap between No's 4 (Crutched Friars) & 3 (Hornimans) but there is a half decent 'Spoons (Pommelers Rest) at the Southern end of Tower Bridge that we can use to plug the gap!

As for time, I generally leave work around 4pm so can be at the start by 4.30pm without too much of a problem but I'm quite flexible if anyone wants to start later.

Hi Roger B On the map it looks too me like The Red Lion is No7 and No 6 is the Ship or am I mistaken. I can be at either one by around 17:30 to 18:00 No problem. let me know which one.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Hi Rog,

Very interested but it's a busy one workwise for me next week so may be difficult. I'll let you know nearer the time when it will be clearer if I'm going to have to enjoy the delights of BA and T5 again, or at least have something drinkable with you guys...
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Alesonly View Post
    Hi Roger B On the map it looks too me like The Red Lion is No7 and No 6 is the Ship or am I mistaken. I can be at either one by around 17:30 to 18:00 No problem. let me know which one.
    You're right - the Red Lion in No 7, the Ship is 6.

I've just noticed that there are 2 more pubs that are part of the Blackfriars trail which could easily be linked in - Ye Olde Watling and Williamsons Tavern. If any early birds want to add a couple more to the pile, I don't mind starting at Ye Olde Watling at around 4.30 and then do Williamsons. It is only a few minutes walk to the Red Lion and we should be there by half fivish for the "official" start.

That would make the itinery Ye Old Watling, Williamsons, Red Lion, Ship, Walrus & Carpenter, Crutched Friar, Pommelers Rest, Hornimans, Mudlark and Old Thameside. The good thing is that the pubs are all in close proximioty to the tube so anyone wanting to join or leave anywhere along the route can do so with relative ease. If anyone wants my mobile so they can keep tabs, please PM me.