Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Christmas beer

Currently my cupboard beneath the stairs contains,inter alia, 6X Wantsum Black Pig Imperial Russian Porter,3xGadds Faithful Dogbolter Porter,3xGadds No3,4x Old Dairy Blue Top IPA,4x Hopdaemon Shrimshander IPA, a couple of bottles of Dark Stars Imperial Russian Stout,and a lone bottle of Hepworth's Prospect.Not a Christmas ale amongst them, but pretty damn characterful.

Hmm, think I'll be going for Yeovil Ales this year for a change. A 6 pinter of Stout Hearted (4.3%) and and a 6 pinter of Posh IPA (5.4%) to keep Jack frost at bay.

I intend to sample the following:

Otter Claus
    Bath Ales Festival
    Cotleigh Red Nose Reindeer
    Ringmore Santas Little Helper
    Summerskills Turkey's Delight

starting tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Currently my cupboard beneath the stairs contains..........Not a Christmas ale amongst them, but pretty damn characterful.
    Sounds good to me, even if I've not even heard of some of them, the Russian Porter and the Stout being exceptions. There's nowhere within my normal, somewhat limited, range where I'm likely to come across Dark Star beers, bottled or cask.
    However, I don't think my Christmas present will allow me to get too disappointed. My little 20 bottle beer-rack is full, courtesy of the long suffering Mrs rd. Three bottles of Old Peculiar, three of Exmoor Beast, three Fullers London Porter, two each of Snecklifter, Broadside, Old Thumper, Station Porter, and another three, of Bath Festivity. On top stand three each of Fullers Vintage Ale, Hook Norton Double Stout, and, last, but not least Butty Bach.
    If I rummage about in t'attic I'm sure I'll find other stuff, I know there's a couple of little bottles of Brooklyn Double Stout up there somewhere.
    Somehow, I think I might survive for a bit yet..........
    Last edited by runningdog; 24-12-2010 at 11:04.
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Just had a nice bottle of H&W Poachers Choice which was really rather nice....

Hopback Pickled Santa at the Cornubia Bristol was sublime on Tuesday night.

Had my Christmas Beers yesterday started with Three Bottles Of London Porter at Lunch time. Then in the Elephant at Finchley Three Pints of ESB early evening & later Three Pints of Doom Bar in the Springfield at Bounds Green last night.
    Thats it for me now as I Can not have any Beers today as I'm working at 06:30 tomorrow morning and for the next eight days so I will miss New Years Eve at not that I would go out anyway.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Chimay Blue (someone on a blog said it's good with Turkey)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Must admit I tend to indulge my other love - red wine, rather than beer, at Christmas......Might just have to try that as a chaser!
    Had two Decanter trophy-winning wines on Christmas Day: Domaine Vistalba, Vinalba Malbec-Syrah 2008 (14.5%) and Vina Mayu, Syrah Reserva 2007 (14%). The Chimay Blue more than held its own with the turkey. A revelation. Definitely same again next year.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Tried a pint Jack Frost in the Spotted Cow today, can't say I would drink it in preference to HSB, had a bit of a bitter taste to my palate, maybe that is the "dash of blackberries" bollox as per brewery hype