Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Achievements of 2010

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Thumbs up Achievements of 2010

Well its that time of year where people like to give out pointless awards, so I thought it would be a good idea to cast our minds back to heroic achievements on Pubs Galore.

To start the ball rolling there is Soup's services to keeping pubs open award during August.

And I have to give Andy Ven the outstanding services award for his work over on Facebook (he basically runs that now, me and Dave just look on in amazement) and general helpfulness to anyone.

Have some fun with your suggestions, for instance I am sure we all agree that the enigmatic Hondo should have the ninja award.

I think we should all have an award for not needing liver transplants again this year

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    And I have to give Andy Ven the outstanding services award for his work over on Facebook (he basically runs that now, me and Dave just look on in amazement)
    Although I've got a Facebook account I usually try to avoid it, frankly because I don't understand half of it and I'm intimidated by my kids who seem to run their lives by it..

But decided to have a look at the PUG Facebook page and am in agreement. It is very good and if it's Andy who is behind all the feedback and pulling in users from this direction, then well done from me too..
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

I am sure we all agree that the enigmatic Hondo should have the ninja award.
    Absolutely! Our very own 'Stig' on the boards.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

A definite pat on the back award to the 20 or so hardy souls that made it to Birmingham for the Big Meet in November and a gold star to those who, unlike me, managed to get home in one piece (and yes, the foot is still sore 6 weeks later - what the hell did I do?)!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    (and yes, the foot is still sore 6 weeks later - what the hell did I do?)!
    Look at it this way, it could have been much worse if your body hadn't been totally relaxed at the time!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I'll stay on me own

Thanks all forum users.

This is the first forum i have been on and i would like to thank you for all the help you have given to me over the last 6 months or so,i would especially like to thank Conrad for his help in getting me going on the forum as i was having big problems when i first started out on this forum.
    I have really enjoyed contributing and also reading other forum users messages.

I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Alan.

I have to give Andy Ven the outstanding services award for his work over on Facebook (he basically runs that now, me and Dave just look on in amazement) and general helpfulness to anyone.
    Cheers. I'll accept my award like that bird who couldn't do her Oscar speech for blubbing. Although I do enjoy deleting trashy adverts and recruiting people for PG proper.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    A definite pat on the back award to the 20 or so hardy souls that made it to Birmingham for the Big Meet in November and a gold star to those who, unlike me, managed to get home in one piece
    Aw, it was nothing. No really, I finished work that lunchtime and walked about 300 yards to the Wellington . A really good day and I look forward to a similar event next year.
    Waes hael!

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I would like to echo my thanks too to Conrad and forum users for help given during the year. I love reading everything from facts to windups, and always hit the what's new button a few times a day now to check back to where I last read from so I can join in if I want to, or just have a laugh at the comments.

Happy Christmas. Don't think I will be on line for a while from tomorrow so hope the weather doesn't stop anyone from getting to their favourite watering hole, or the nearest if need be.
    Last edited by gillhalfpint; 22-12-2010 at 18:14.

I think the real achievements will be seen when Dave publishes the end of year stats and we compare it to Dec 09. When these are published I think we will all be able to hold our heads up and give ourself a just reward. to all contributors.