Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 26 December 2010)

Former Pubs Galore Coder

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Thought I would have to pass this week, but if we make it to Chelmsford on Thursday, we may be in for a few at the pub next door to the travel lodge there before (hopefully) getting a coach to Bruges for Christmas on Friday morning.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

With Christmas approaching, managed to get a midweek pass-out from 'she-who-must-be-obeyed'. Tried Five Towns 'Bodyline', Bridestones 'American Pale', BrewDog 'Punk IPA', Burton Bridge 'Damson Porter', Fullers 'Jack Frost' and Fernandes 'Rum For Cover'. Between the Punk IPA and the Fernandes so far.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Awaited train in the Crown, where a reduced line-up still offered Moorhouse's Black Cat, Oakham Black Hole Porter, Pictish Alchemist, Woodlands Generals Tipple, Liverpool Organic Best Bitter, Skinners Betty's Big Sister, Three B's Happy New Beer, Mallinsons Comet, Moorehouse's Blond Witch, Facers Winter Warmer (7%), Brewdog Punk IPA, Copper Dragon Golden Pippin.

It came down to a penalty shoot out between the Porter & the Comet, but Mallinsons Comet never looked like missing, and will be my Christmas botw.

Not starting quite as early as Trainman, as I'll be on a train late afternoon for a Christmas session in the Edgar Wallace tonight, just off the Strand.

I did expect my BOW to come in tonight, but what ever's on now has strong competition in that I received a last minute invitation to the Rebellion Brewery members open evening in Marlow on Tuesday night.

Some superb supping of fresh beer, none more so than the December monthly brew called 'Stocking Filler' , a crisp pale beer at 4.2%. So good in fact that I walked away with a 22 pint mini barrel from the brewery shop.
    I was pesuaded by the fact that these min barrels have a shelf life of 3 weeks, so plently of time to enjoy over Xmas..
    And if any of the regular PuG forum members finds yourselves in the vicinity of London N21 over the festive season, you are more than welcome to PM me and drop in to help me get through it....
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

I'll stay on me own

My beer of the week is Nottingham brewery Sooty Stout this drink is as dark as Guinnesss but has 10 times the flavour of Guinness i think it is 4.8%.

an old favourite for me as it's been a thin week for beer, Saltaire Blonde

A few days in Norfolk saw some fine beer from the Fox brewery in Heacham and had I found a pint of Nelson's Blood I suspect that may have taken the award this week. As I didn't, it's Saltaire for the second week in a row, BOTW for me is Saltaire's Winter Ale.

Had so Much this week its hard too think of a good One as there were a lot of good ones But I will go for Skinners Jingle Knockers I had last Night as that was good. Thats it for Beer this week after tonights next Session. Its back too work Sunday Morning at 06:30 so I will not bother drinking tomorrow after tonights few.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Abbeydale Beer Works Reindeer Repellant is going to be BOTW this week. Actually tried on Christmas Eve in The Baum before I had to go and drink loads of Cruzcampo and red wine at our local tapas bar.

Beartown Polar Eclipse came close though.
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 27-12-2010 at 09:07.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas