Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Worst Day Of The Year For Pub Regulars

Things are already getting bad, the quiet back bar of the William IV was taken over for a Xmas party last night meaning I had to endure the vile big screen and footbore in the main bar. The Xmas party was downright weird, they seemed to regularily stand up from their tables and start clapping, it was a bit like the final episode of The Prisoner (younger readers and some older ones won't have a clue what I'm on about!).

To make matters worse the hated big screen was moved aside so that a congenital idiot aka a "DJ" could start irritating me. This clown, not content with just playing rubbish records decided that he thought he could sing and proceded to commit Karaoke murders on Elton John's "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" and Snow Patrol's "Run", which to me is one of the finest songs of this century.

I had an extra pint of Big Mofo Stout hoping it would make it all go away but it didn't, so I left and went home to watch the final of I'm a Celebrity!!!

I also noticed a Pavement Pizza at Walthamstow Bus Station, so do I win the prize???

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

And how long before the Santa hat / reindeer antlers appear?
    I drink to make others more interesting

This Space For Hire

Spotted the week before last in here

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Three full weeks of once a year drinkers coming up. Anyone betting on spotting the first train/tube/tram puker of the season? I reckon odds-on for a sighting by middle of next week.
    Already seen loads as I work on the railway its a regular Thursday Friday Saturday night feature. Its very unusual NOT to have to call a cleaner for someone having a P155 up the wall or pavement pizzas on the platforms & Stairs you would be surprised what we see on the CCTV at weekends. Its just this time of year it becomes a every day occurrence. Sunday throw to Saturday.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

This Space For Hire

St Valentine's Day coming up, then Mother's Day. I was in a JDW earlier which had a nice little display by the door promoting its Mother's Day special. This one has the archetypal Wetherspoons' clientele: anyone under sixty and working is, comparatively, in the first flush of youth. I spent a happy few minutes pondering how many takers they'll get.