Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A place for Keg bitter?

My list of recommended drinks is getting longer.Gawd help me if I ever find them all at one stop.
    Do they still make Wrexham Lager ? .It used to be in every caravan clubhouse I visited in Wales. Others that come to mind are Worthington Best Bitter and Whitbread Tankard which cannot have been that bad because I drank so much of it. I dont remember much real ale unless you went in the pubs and the quality was variable. It was a case of sticking with what you knew on"foriegn "holidays back then.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    Do they still make Wrexham Lager ? .It used to be in every caravan clubhouse I visited in Wales.
    I believe, Mr A, it wasn't called Wrexham Lager because it was brewed there, but because of the effect it had on the drinkers

I am more than happy to have a keg MILD, i often prefer it to a cask beer - you know, the GK IPAs and the more common ones. Whilst cold, they are generally still fine, except for a couple - Hardy & Hansons for example - it is so cold, i think it is aimed at the penquin market.

PS, vanity, young Conrad, putting your own picture up as a smilie
    MILD:

Hello Mr. Arch , did you manage your Chester crawl? I have the mrs in hospital with complications so our travels will be restricted for a while. I taken a few photos in Hereford in between visiting hours ,hope to get a few more weather permitting. The Kings Fee , a 'Spoons, is just around the corner from the hospital so I am OK for the essentials in life.
    Couple of new to me ales I have found to be good are Cameronian ( Edinburgh Brewers ?) and XXX from Exe Valley Brewers. The last one from 'Spoons at £1.89.
    I remember Wrexham lager as not being that great and the butt of many jokes. The Shopshire brewer and pub owner Greenals brewed beer I never liked. Wales had a number of breweries ,which over time I have forgotten, whose cask products you only drank illegaly on a Sunday and so tasted better than they were.The caravan club houses were crowded with local lads on a Sunday and nationalistic, football or girl rivalries set of trouble. Drinking in supposedly closed pubs was the easier option.I have not had a caravan holiday in Wales for over twenty years so I expect things have changed. More real ale and microwaved food ?