Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PuG calling cards

Default PuG calling cards

I thought it might be worth having a thread so we can record where we have left some calling cards.

I did an early morning crawl in Brum yesterday. 9 o'clock start ( thank god for Wetherspoons ! ). Left some cards in The Figure of Eight, Soloman Cutler, Wetherspoons, Briar Rose and the Square Peg. Left some in The Vine in Blackheath and then the Moon in Cradley Heath.

I am a salmon !!

I was on tour on Friday so I left some in the Duke William in Stourbridge, the Fountain in Lower Gornal, the Beacon Hotel in Sedgley (shortlisted for CAMRA pub of the year according to the December issue of What's Brewing) and the Great Western in Wolverhampton. Usually I deposit them near to the CAMRA material but if anyone takes an interest in us as a group of pub crawlers I hand one to them.

Previously I left some in the Black Lion in Consall in Staffs and the Boat Inn in Cheddleton.

I also left a few by the CAMRA leaflets in the Wellington in Birmingham the week after the meet up.

Anywhere where there are beer tourists is good, especially people who have travelled from outside the area. Certain PG areas are well covered in terms of its regulars so I was aiming to encourage interest from a wider geographical area.

Del - We'll have to meet up sometime you're in Brum.

Conrad - I'm half way through my stock. Any chance you could issue an A4 pdf sheet of cards that I could print at home and guillotine?
    Last edited by Andy Ven; 29-11-2010 at 13:32.
    Waes hael!

What a good idea - I'd go for that too as I travel about a fair bit and would be delighted to spread the word.

In a different life, we (I won't say who "we" were) used to have zap cards - small self adhesive cards which we stuck on various places we had visited as a sort of calling card. They ended up in some very bizarre places, I must say. Or is that idea too 20th Century?

Actually, I think sticking adhesive "cards" is getting a bit too close to vandalism, as they often seem to end up in the most inappropriate places.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

We have left them in Nottingham at Vat and Fiddle, Newshouse, Canalhouse, Olde Trip, Hand and Heart, Gatehouse, Approach and Salutation.

In Sheffield at Harlequin, Riverside, Gardeners Rest, Hillsborough Hotel, Fat Cat, Kelham Island Tavern, and Wellington.

Dudley Full Moon and today at the Dick Turpin Ilford.

Doing Borough Market area of London plus others on Wednesday.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Amazing work all.

Whilst I like the idea of stickers I agree that we might get a certain amount of swearing about us

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    Conrad - I'm half way through my stock. Any chance you could issue an A4 pdf sheet of cards that I could print at home and guillotine?
    Since they are fairly cheap and reasonable quality we are quite happy to just send them out (this also covers up the fact that I have no idea how to make an A4 sheet )

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    Actually, I think sticking adhesive "cards" is getting a bit too close to vandalism, as they often seem to end up in the most inappropriate places.
    You're probably right - after reflecting on it I thought it was probably a silly idea anyway - funny when in context but not everyone appreciates it.

Our local CAMRA group are meeting at The Baum tonight. I'm not going to go to the meeting as usual, but I will be in The Baum.

I'll wear my PuG T-Shirt and spread a few cards around. You never know, it might get a couple onboard.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

I have noticed a few pubs, particularly in the City, have a competition whereby you drop your business card into a pot and they make a random draw for various prizes. If I drop in a PuG card and win a meal for 2, how do I divide it up between the 50 or so of us?

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I have noticed a few pubs, particularly in the City, have a competition whereby you drop your business card into a pot and they make a random draw for various prizes. If I drop in a PuG card and win a meal for 2, how do I divide it up between the 50 or so of us?
    A five fingered spread?