Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Tom Crudd's Bar - Ripon

Default Tom Crudd's Bar - Ripon

This is actually part of the Unicorn hotel and probably ought to be merged with that

Administrator

I am not sure about this one, Peter Ashworth added Tom Crudd's Bar having already added photos to the Unicorn Hotel. I am happy enough to merge them again, equally happy to leave them as 2 entities.

Looking at your review it sounds like although they are connected they have a distinct personality?

So basically just throwing it back to you to double check that they deserve to bundled as the same place?

Conrad

There's a couple of ways of looking at this. The Unicorn Hotel has one L shaped bar, it is reached either through the hotel main street door (on the right next the Skipton Building Society in the bigger pictures) then through another door by the hotel reception; or you can enter through a second street door nearby, (the one on the left in what looks like a shorter building with the georgian window and is the one in Peter's photo of the bar), this takies you into the same room more directly. So it is actually one room but with two distinctly different areas, much like a lounge and public bar. However from the outside it does look like two different buildings and indeed probably was once upon a time.

So do you list under each name separately or merge it as something like "The Unicorn Hotel - Tom Crudd's Bar"? Locally it is regarded as one bar and my feeling would be to label it in the merged form. Two listings would possibly produce reviews for each when it is essentially the same room inside the hotel. It's not too confusing once you get inside so I don't think it's a major issue, people are unlikely to go chasing round the town to find where this other bar is. Does Peter Ashworth use the forums and does he have a preference?

Administrator

Hi oldboots,

From your description I agree with you so we now have Unicorn Hotel & Tom Crudd's Bar.

Peter Ashworth is not on the forum yet, and is not one of the members that we regularly chat to, so I will just go with my instinct from your description.

Recently had one of the prolific contributors admit they had not noticed the forum, so just working to try and make it more obvious on the main site - maybe then Peter Ashworth will pop in.

Conrad

Conrad, I think that makes the relationship a bit clearer with no risk of duplicated reviews

OB

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I cant believe you drink in a 'Crudd' bar, OB - i spend all my time avoiding them, unless the only option is an Ember Inn, then crudd, crap or sh*t is a major step up!
    MILD: