Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Lions tonight on Channel 4

We weren't rich enough to have coat hangars so we sent me baby brother upon the roof.I don't know why he moaned so much , he needed some fresh air after being up dirty chimneys all day .

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Coat hangers, tele, chimneys - luxury

The only entertainment i had as a kid was looking at all the toys through the windows at Rackhams in Brum, then it was a 6 mile walk home, in bare feet - and i never complained
    MILD:

Back onto thread now. Started watching the program. A bunch of alcohol swilling tottey. Aim for the night is getting as drunk as possible while attempting to remain standing. Classic idiotic quote " we like to remain in control" of what was never enlarged on.Pints of lager and Guiness, measures of spirits all down in one. Silly girlies shrieks of amusement caused by god knows what.All the bad images of binge drinking

I see no difference in this and "Boozed Up Britain". An advert for drinking without respect for yourself,other people or what the future may bring.Filming drinkers of the quieter type is pretty crap TV. No one vomits up £50 worth of booze or starts a fight. The Police have no excuse to exhibit their dogs or show how six officers can wrestle one drunk to the ground. I daresay me and the mrs could comatose a whole film crew with no problem. Thats why you dont see progams about responsible drinking .

Anyway ,after ten minutes I switched over. I dont think I will bother in future.

signed ...Disapointed of North Herefordshire.

I wasn't watching it too closely but did have it on in the background. It got a bit better but they couldn't resist following stories of quite heavy drinking.

Impressive interview with a landlord who alledgedly drinks 15 pints every days whilst working.

Also there was the rugby lad who was quite happy to admit that he has 3-4 pints six nights a week, but embarrassed that he binge drinks on a Saturday.

Obviously the producers of the show should've come on here to find some real stories.

I liked the 2 old ladies that drink together all week-

Tuesday - Wine
    Wed - Wine and Rum
    Thur - Wine
    Fri - Wine and Rum
    Sat - Wine
    Sun - Wine and Baileys (if we can afford it)

Mon - Day off... yes you guessed it - "a few glasses of wine on my own, Its nice for a change once a week !!!!! "

Give me beer swilling rugby teams or netball teams any day of the week !!!

Its something to do with womens plumbing Delboy. They just can't take the bulk of drinking pints when they get old.I could give you some graphic descriptions but probably the politest one is childbirth can leave a woman with a lot of weak muscles. Old rugby players don't have that excuse but probably visit the loo just as often.

i just watched it on C4+1 - i cringed at first, like Mr A, but it got a bit better.

I was going to suggest i run a trip and take you all around the Roman fortress at Caerleon, then to the bath complex, the amphitheatre.........

what, no takers?

what if i run it on a Wednesday
    MILD:

Mr Arch I dont recognise any of those Caerleon pubs you mention in your proposed crawl but I would suppose they all sell mild. Is the Amphitheatre doing the Donny Osmond retro spectacular with zimmer frame acts ? Wednesday is not a bad day because there is no Coronation St on . The mrs wont miss that.
    I will get back to you on that....then again...mmmm.....it sounds Welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    Mr Arch I dont recognise any of those Caerleon pubs you mention in your proposed crawl but I would suppose they all sell mild. Is the Amphitheatre doing the Donny Osmond retro spectacular with zimmer frame acts ? Wednesday is not a bad day because there is no Coronation St on . The mrs wont miss that.
    I will get back to you on that....then again...mmmm.....it sounds Welsh.
    Its where those netball girls drink, Mr A - thought you would like to meet them
    MILD:

A NETBALL TEAM ??? Yea Gods! I think I will take my chance with those brassy women of indeterminate age and the shortest of skirts swilling Polish lager out the back of 'Spoons. At least they may get tired occasionally.