Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smash the Aussies Cricket Prediction Game

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Luckily I didn't get round to making a 3rd day revision when I would have doubtetly changed my predicted draw for an Aussie win. I certainly never saw that 2nd Innings coming from anywhere.
    The 3rd day pick doesn't replace your initial pick roger, it's in addition to it. I picked a draw at the outset and got a point even though I went for the Aussies at half time. I see there were a few who didn't make a 3rd day pick so just be aware that it's an additional pick not a change to your first pick.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    I see there were a few who didn't make a 3rd day pick so just be aware that it's an additional pick not a change to your first pick.
    I don't recall getting any "reminders" either so it is easy to forget, especially when you have about 5 other prediction games going on at the same time!

I,m not to sure how this first innings lead works. I believe that there is a margin of 40 runs either way. So, say you pick the Aussies to be 20 in front but they end up 10 behind do you still get a point for first innings lead or am i over complicating it?
    From the home of the kebab of doom

Quote Originally Posted by Crossste View Post
    I,m not to sure how this first innings lead works. I believe that there is a margin of 40 runs either way. So, say you pick the Aussies to be 20 in front but they end up 10 behind do you still get a point for first innings lead or am i over complicating it?
    The first innings lead point is actually two half points. The first half point is simply for predicting who will get the first innings lead. The second half point is for getting within 40 runs of the actual lead. And yes if you pick Australia to lead by 20 and England lead by 10 then you are within 40 so you get the second half point. You don’t get the first half point because you picked Australia. If you picked England to lead by 20 and England subsequently lead by 10 then you get both half points.

Clear

Wait until we get to the one day games, it gets really complicated then with a tiered system of 0.3, 0.5 and 0.7 points available !!
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

Bottom of the league with zero points, and a Nostradamus-like prediction earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Gazebo View Post
    with the pitch looking as if it might start deteriorating quite quickly by day 4.
    Total number of wickets actually falling during days 4 and 5 combined = 2.
    And you can really taste the hops!

Got it now.

I,ve just been on the screen for the result of the first test and for the first time noticed the link to how the scoring works. I must have missed it when i looked after the end of the match.

See what you mean about the one dayers. I would imagine we will have to make 2 picks for margin points depending on whose batting first.
    From the home of the kebab of doom

Quote Originally Posted by Crossste View Post
    See what you mean about the one dayers. I would imagine we will have to make 2 picks for margin points depending on whose batting first.
    That's right, as picks will be made before we know who is batting first the pick will be for example England by 4 wickets or 30 runs.

What on earth is going on?!

I predicted the Aussies to have a lead of 20 in the first innings. At the moment I'm not sure they'll actually reach 20!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    What on earth is going on?!

I predicted the Aussies to have a lead of 20 in the first innings. At the moment I'm not sure they'll actually reach 20!
    I had a similar prediction, Aussies by 30 I think, after seeing they had won the toss. Now 242-8 and probably on for something like 260-280 which England would be delighted with.

Make that 243-9 another Anderson wicket, looking even better.

They think it's all over, it is now. 245 all out. I'd be quite happy for anyone who predicted a 200 lead for England to take this one. We do have a few overs to bat before end of play though
    Last edited by Millay; 03-12-2010 at 07:19. Reason: And another wicket

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    a 200 lead for England
    Let's score 200 first before we start on about a 200 lead!