Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Warmers

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

a pc whizz like you, you would take a laptop with you to the pub
    MILD:

I actually tried to submit a review and picture to the site using a Pocket PC in a pub that had WiFi last week.

I failed miserably and was completely sober!

Who knows what would happen after a couple of pints, I might accidently hit the 'Delete all reviews that mention MILD' button that we have.

OOoooo OUCH!!!

Old Empire is a decent tot .

Now your talking .. It may be Marstons but its a great brew. Our local CO -OP sometimes has it in bottles otherwise I have to hope to hit on a pub that has it on as a Guest. The last one was the Horn and Trumpet ,Worcester but I missed it by being on holiday elsewhere.
    Finally managed to get the Net book working in a Wetherspoons. Cloud really are a pain. I managed to access a print server in a pub , it must have been something to do with the inter till data.Despite it saying it was unprotected it gave no internet access. I am sure all this stuff is just invented to try my patience.

Mr A finally gets the laptop connection at the Spoons - in the beer garden!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cartoon-ed-1a.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	11  
    Last edited by Conrad; 15-10-2009 at 11:28. Reason: Edited by Conrad to get the picture working, remote site was blocking, also linked to them.
    MILD:

No Mr.Arch ,I never visit 'spoons beergardens/smoking dens. I have no DHSS number,do not drink Polish lager or smoke so I would really feel out it.Not only that ,the brassy ladies of an uncertain age and shortest of skirts frighten the daylights out of me.Perhaps these are the sort women Mother warned me about but I have no intention of finding out at my age. Me and the mrs are usually sat closest to the disabled toilet so I can keep an eye on our bags should the need arise.Yeah ,Boring!

What sort of books is it you like to collect. I used to read alot but my concentration is rubbish these days.

Amazingly, i collect history/archaeology stuff, but do look for this and that as well, it just depends.

i picked up a few useful things and am reading Harry Patch's biography now
    MILD:

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

I used to watch out for Gales Winter Brew, but since Fuller's took over no idea if it worth the wait, or even made any more

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    I used to watch out for Gales Winter Brew, but since Fuller's took over no idea if it worth the wait, or even made any more
    Lovely beer, called 5X sometimes. I believe it used to be a mix of Prize Old Ale and Butser bitter (or BBB before that).

I don't know if POA is still made and Butser definitely isn't so we may have lost it

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Lovely beer, called 5X sometimes. I believe it used to be a mix of Prize Old Ale and Butser bitter (or BBB before that).

I don't know if POA is still made and Butser definitely isn't so we may have lost it
    Darn it - i conned Conrad and Dave into thinking i knew about beer - then you and Eddie arrive - my cred has gone!

Seriously, its great to see you, Sir!

I was going to say that Farway would have a local buddy in the sense that you knew his area, but to be honest - you have lived everywhere!
    MILD: