Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Country - Stourbridge to Wolverhampton

UPDATE

Had a fab time yesterday. Tomorrow I will get around to updating the details of the pubs we visited.

Sad to report that the MILD in the Crooked House was sour (it took a while to get rid of the taste) but fair play to the gaffer who tried it but (surprisingly) wasn't sure, asked his regulars and they confirmed it was off, and then gave us a refund. I was also a bit disappointed that the cheapest sandwich a club sandwich, was £7.95. My attitude before we went was, if the beer is OK (Banks's / Marston's) and the pub is quirky, it would be a good place to stop for one, especially as some of the party had never been there before. It didn't work out that way but I hope it was a one-off.

The positive aspect was, having a minibus on demand meant that we were able to exit early and cut some time off a few other pubs and therefore fit in a detour to Ma Pardoe's. A very good day overall.
    Waes hael!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    UPDATE
    Sad to report that the MILD in the Crooked House was sour (it took a while to get rid of the taste) but fair play to the gaffer who tried it but (surprisingly) wasn't sure... asked his regulars
    So, where's the 'fair play' in that? He sounds like a moron who knows nowt about beer and was not prepared to accept your verdict on a bad pint!

well he could have not bothered to offer. Anyway........

Crawl went well, reviews have now been added (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/crawl/vi....php?crawl=540). The good thing about having a minibus on demand was that we could change the plan to suit. Time was getting tight for one of our group who had to get back to Derby so we cut out Bilston and went directly from Sedgley to the Great Western in Wolverhampton.

Ales and Tales advertised that Gareth McDonald (http://blackcountryrealaletrail.co.uk/) is setting up a rival service to Richard's Bostin' Batham's Tours (http://www.theme-tours.co.uk/). All's well for Black Country real ale fans! Anyone wanting to work with Gareth to promote the region (real ale establishments and tourist attractions) can contact him on 07786 478187.
    Waes hael!