Spent a quick hour and a half dash around 4 pubs in Burslem last prior to the Port Vale v Dartford game. Was pleasantly surprised at the pubs and beers on offer. Had the Bulls Head, Leopard and Post Office Vaults on my to do list and there must have been 25 ales available between the 3 of them and a good mix (I was expecting everything to be Titanic but not the case).

Whilst in the Bulls Head, a Vale ale fan (has a nice ring to it) mentioned the newly reopend Duke William (has been closed for 3 years) which had a further 8 hand pumps including Porter and a cider and advised me that there are 2 other pubs about to open/reopen. Given that all this was within a couple of hundred yards and that there are another dozen or so pubs with a few minutes away around the back streets, I think Burslem needs to be investigated a bit further.

Shame I didn't get much time but I will stick up a few reviews and photos in due course (+ I have nominated the Duke William for inclusion on the site). There aren't many reviews on Burslem around so maybe if any of our Midlands explorers are looking for a lucky dip day out, Burslem is an option.