Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Moan of the Day thread

Default Moan of the Day thread

Why is it when ever I go into any Pub all the Lager & Cocktails Drinkers always stand around the Real Ale pumps so I cant see whats on tap. I went into four different Wetherspoons yesterday and every time there were groups of people surrounding the Ale pumps Drinking lager or funny coloured water yet the rest of the bar was empty.

Only One out the four had the good sense too display a Black Board listing all the Ales on tap behind the bar with ABV listed so it could easy be read.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Alesonly View Post
    Why is it when ever I go into any Pub all the Lager & Cocktails Drinkers always stand around the Real Ale pumps so I cant see whats on tap. I went into four different Wetherspoons yesterday and every time there were groups of people surrounding the Ale pumps Drinking lager or funny coloured water yet the rest of the bar was empty.

Only One out the four had the good sense too display a Black Board listing all the Ales on tap behind the bar with ABV listed so it could easy be read.
    And in a Wethespoons it's well odds on that none of the staff will have a clue, so if say you're driving and want a 3.5% beer a close inspection of the clips is required.

This activity conforms to my " Choke Point Theory ". People gathering for a chin wag will situate themselves in the place most likely to cause maximum inconvenience to others outside their group. Favourite places are doorways,stairwells, in front of coffee machines, at the rear of your car and in front of the real ale pumps.
    I did see an instant cure last week end. Some one broke wind and damn near cleared the bar. He tried to blame his terrier dog but we would have none of it. You could clearly see the pumps but to read them from where we were stood one would have needed binoculars