Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Online lists of live beers

This Space For Hire

Default Online lists of live beers

I know of a couple..

The grove, Huddersfield - http://www.groveinn.co.uk/now.htm
    Wellington, Birmingham - http://www.thewellingtonrealale.co.uk/beerboard.php

A great idea from pubs IMO but not widespread enough. Even Norwich's Fat Cat seems to have let its website lapse in this regard.

I have often wondered, if you are searching for a particular beer on a certain day, if there is any way to find somewhere it is on tap? One of my most memorable pints was one of Badger's Golden Glory in Aberystwyth but I have never since found it on tap. The bottle is nothing like the fresh product.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    I have often wondered, if you are searching for a particular beer on a certain day, if there is any way to find somewhere it is on tap?
    Seems that there is someone out there who thinks along similar lines. Have a look at this site: www.yourround.co.uk
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Well I think it is a fantastic idea, and was one of our ideas to sell to landlords. Typically about a week after discussing it with Dave, Ed pointed out yourround on his blog (4th paragraph), he seems really keen.

Hopefully one day we will do something similar, but it is definitely the case that not enough pubs do it.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

I think the inherent difficulty in this concept is the transient nature of beers in a pub where there is rotation. By the time something is posted or even advertised as coming soon, by the time the person seeking out that beer turns up in expectation, its gone.
    Not so bad for regular ales I'm sure but word gets around easily enough about those.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Seems that there is someone out there who thinks along similar lines. Have a look at this site: www.yourround.co.uk
    Good concept but it only works if it has the data. After a couple of failures I searched for London Pride in London and it still came back with no results.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Good concept but it only works if it has the data. After a couple of failures I searched for London Pride in London and it still came back with no results.
    Yes, for this to work it would be reliant on a massive number of contributors supplying regular data and I can't see that happening.

I use Twitter to follow a number of London pubs (Cask, Harp etc...). They tend to update their line-ups fairly regularly and that can be useful for tracking down specific beers.

Beer lists on pub's websites are also helpful but often they're not kept fully up to date. The Hope in Carshalton has one of the better ones I've seen.