Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Reviewing standards

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Tccccch, you have changed your title, and there was me enjoying the 4 match losing streak that Rovers were going through whilst you were their mascot.

Spritzer Swallower

Cool I'm Getting old

I seem to be lagging behind in my computer skills these days all this blogging and twittering seems to be over my head and as for Drug usage in or around pubs I afraid I am too busy thinking about what ale to be sampling when I walk into a pub, If the pumps have great ales and the ladies toilets are clean OK ,(if the bar staff are miserable I smile, say thank you) then I find a corner and squat and have a conservation and are oblivious to my surroundings,if none of the above apply or If it gets too boisterous , I simply walk out to the next watering hole.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi Liz,

Glad to see you in the forums again. Liz has previously tried to bring some life into the forums, and is half of one of the PG legends of picture taking.

I would have to say you certainly seem adept enough and computers, it is interesting to see how many people on the forums aren't interested in the Twittering and blogging aspects of the Internet, I'm not sure if that tells me that they aren't as much use in this trade or we just aren't making them interesting enough yet.

As to drugs, I keep on just missing whoever has been smoking them on the top deck of my bus into work recently.

Conrad

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    read my report!
    Just read your report.. Wow it has changed quite a lot since my last visit in turn of the century. Still I intend go there one day as it has changed hands. I am quite picky cos i always go to back to pub if it has changed hands even through I have visited it before

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Just read your report.. Wow it has changed quite a lot since my last visit in turn of the century. Still I intend go there one day as it has changed hands. I am quite picky cos i always go to back to pub if it has changed hands even through I have visited it before
    Good man - i believe you should always go back if it has changed hands and it's safe to do so!

Hi Liz - its really fantastic to hear from you - its people like you and hubby that give a lot of inspiration to the more junior members, like me. Really hope you both drop by more.
    MILD:

Spent nearly all day in Hereford but did not take one photo ( hangs head in shame).Really should make more of these chances my Mrs stay in bed has presented me with. How else can I become a Super Legend if I keep falling down on the job. A case of more self flagellation I think, leastways I think thats what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    Spent nearly all day in Hereford but did not take one photo ( hangs head in shame).Really should make more of these chances my Mrs stay in bed has presented me with. How else can I become a Super Legend if I keep falling down on the job. A case of more self flagellation I think, leastways I think thats what I mean.
    Makes you go blind, that. Should have said - I was in Hereford this afternoon doing Cash & Carry, always time for discovering new beers to sell :d

Former Pubs Galore Coder

And the latest nomination for a skimming close to the wind review.

Shame really as it is a work of art if I am honest, we'll sit back and see if they add any more reviews, I would really like to see what they write about pubs they like (including their own).

Edit, just had recourse to communicate with this member as they dropped feedback, I took the opportunity to ask them to leave more reviews, so hopefully we can see some decent reviews.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

We'll have to get Inspector Farway on the case - see what he thinks!
    MILD:

As it's a pub review site I'd like to see some mention of the beer which is after all the raison d'etre for a pub. I've nothing against people reviewing the culinary side of a pub and I don't mind negative reviews if that was the experience as long as people are truthful and comprehensive in reviews.

I agree this chap writes well and I'd like to see more from him. I am surprised the White Horse let him down although it's a few years since I've been there it is (was?) rather a legendary pub down that way. I remember a friend falling in the "pog" (half pond, half bog) in the garden there, ah happy days.