Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pub news of the day

http://www.normanfield.com/trolleybus.htm

I hope the link works, they often cause me grief.Yes it does and he is offering Hi Res scans..have fun.

Hi Mr Arch, I dont know Mr Field personally but came across his website about his varied interests. His trolley photographs have a copyright disclaimer sanctioning use by anyone with a genuine interest in them. There is a an e-mail address on the site, I just hope he is still with us if you catch my drift.
    If they were my photos I would be honoured that a museum wanted them.Google turns up a few more gems.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Cheers, Mr A

I will ask our photograph chap if he knows him, then contact him
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Add chocolate to anything and you will get Dave to try it.
    You'll make people think I have some sort of reputation when it comes to chocolate! I've yet to actually try any chocolatey beer, must have a pint of Bath Ales Festivity this year though, I believe that one has a hint of chocolate?

from what you have said, Sir, you have yet to try beer
    MILD:

Ah I'm sure I'll try a MILD at some point!

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

What's all this trolley buses being old, I honestly remember when they replaced the trams from Shepherds Bush to Uxbridge with trolley buses, and how the conductor had to use a long pole to put the trolley arms back on the overhead wires when they dropped off

Chester, yep, great place, when I was working at Neston we always tried to stay at the Plantation if we could, easy walk into town. Can't remember names of pubs but one was down near a bridge, local brew was Boddington's if I recall, sold off since I think.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I was chatting to a friend about town planning policy recently, and bemoaning the lack of imagination in public transport. Seeing those trolley buses is amazing, some great photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    What's all this trolley buses being old, I honestly remember when they replaced the trams from Shepherds Bush to Uxbridge with trolley buses, and how the conductor had to use a long pole to put the trolley arms back on the overhead wires when they dropped off
    Faraway it seems the trolley still has its fans in the Uxbridge area.There is a strong lobby for a trolley bus line instead of a mooted tram line. In my opinion Trolleys co exist with other road users. Trams dominate any traffic scheme. I dont have anything against trams despite one knocking down and killing my Great Grandad.He was deaf ,poor old sod ,and never heard it coming.Think it was a Birmingham one that got him. I decided to let byegones be byegones.

We really will have to concentrate on how to involve pubs in this thread
    Last edited by arwkrite; 08-10-2009 at 14:17.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    We really will have to concentrate on how to involve pubs in this thread
    Well the trolley bus terminus was near The Swan & Bottle in Uxbridge and I used to catch it [the 607] near The Crown at Hayes, will that do?

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Well the trolley bus terminus was near The Swan & Bottle in Uxbridge and I used to catch it [the 607] near The Crown at Hayes, will that do?

often several buses later,as a guess!
    MILD: