Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Drummond Arms

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Default Drummond Arms

Should be in a forum "That does go there - no really, it does!".

The Drummond Arms, Albury (57404) has a website. However, the algorithm that you run to check these things is having trouble with it - tells me "Site requested in web link could not be found, please retry the url", which I don't need to do, as I'm looking at it on another tab.

Can you add the link manually do you think? I don't know if it's worth checking the routine, as this hasn't caused me a problem elsewhere (and you've obviously got quite a list of things to do already).

Cheers

paul

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi Paul,

This one will have to wait till next week to be resolved I am afraid. Dave is the expert on this bit and I always end up stupidly confused when I try and deal with it. If you just chuck in a url that does work like www.bbc.co.uk we will change it and approve it when he is back, that way you get credited with adding it as well.

I did write the algorithm, and basically the server looks at the web page and checks it is there. The server uses a different set of DNS servers to us though. Long and short being if you were sat on the server you wouldn't be able to see The Drummond Arms Hotel web site. Whether our server is having DNS problems or their web site is set up wrongly is one that Dave needs to solve though.

Thanks for letting us know about that and sorry about the delay on giving you a real answer.

Conrad

No worries, Conrad - as I said, it's not really the most vital task on PG and you've clearly got your work cut out this week.

Although getting credited isn't a major motivator, I do feel a little incentivised into getting in there before John McGraw! I should have checked before cycling down to Henfield with a camera yesterday, although maybe I could have guessed that he'd have been to a small West Sussex town. At least he stayed in town, allowing me to nab one just outside! That'll follow after I've dealt with the remnants of last Wednesday's trek out East.

paul

Former Pubs Galore Coder

No worries, not going to moan about having more work to do on the site, far better than the alternative.

Why is it I know that one will come back to haunt me next time I moan .

Smile

Just pushing this one back in to view for you....

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Good shout, I will forward on to Dave to ask him about it.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Just had a look at it again (ok, so I pretty much ignored it as Dave was away, then forgot it). It is an odd one, our development server can see their site, but our live can't. It looks like their server is deliberately blocking ours, we are not blacklisted anywhere I can see so most odd, I assume it is a firewall with antiquated block ranges in.

Anyway, that shows me 2 things. One, I am checking the url the crummy way (old code, I have learnt since then), so there is room for improvement when I rewrite that code. Two, we should get on and add the site for you, so I have done that and Dave will check and approve it in due course.

Thanks a lot for persuing that, and reminding me.