Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: All Alone

  1. #1
    Former Pubs Galore Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    5,931

    Default All Alone

    Well I have lost Dave to a holiday for a week, which is a double blow. Normally he proof reads what I write to make sure my Internet tourettes doesn't kick in and I accidentally say what I really think.

    Also it may mean things get done a little slower, still hoping to get everything done within 24 hours of receiving it though.

  2. #2
    Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Well I have lost Dave to a holiday for a week, which is a double blow. Normally he proof reads what I write to make sure my Internet tourettes doesn't kick in and I accidentally say what I really think.

    Also it may mean things get done a little slower, still hoping to get everything done within 24 hours of receiving it though.
    Dont worry, Sonny Jim, we will still speak to you....


    By the way, can you please redesign the entire website, i will log on again win 24 hours......


  3. #3
    Former Pubs Galore Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Thankyou for your communication, this is the Pubs Galore automated response system.

    Your request has been logged and will be dealt with by one of our professional representatives in due course.

    Please rest assured that your feedback is valued and we will deal with it.

    Thank you for waiting.

  4. #4
    Real Ale Drinker Filo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Whitby, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    108

    Smile All Alone

    Hi Conrad,

    Sorry to here your all alone with only your automatic response facillity for company.

    I'll be off on my jolly holidays soon. Cant wait...

    Filo
    Visit my Website www.whitby.manymore.net or listen to Whitby Radio www.whitby.manymoreradio.com/

  5. #5
    Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    that's the most professional response i have had from you guys!

    i have 4 days booked in York in a couple of weeks to go through their pubs, again.


  6. #6
    Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Horndean, Hants
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    i have 4 days booked in York in a couple of weeks to go through their pubs, again.

    Best I can manage is a long weekend at Bracklesham Bay toward end of October, not many pubs around there, so shouldn't take me long to check out the Lively Lady, which according to PG is the one & only venue there

    Just hope it sells something decent

  7. #7
    Former Pubs Galore Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    that's the most professional response i have had from you guys!
    I am just contemplating a far less polite response to an alleged landlord who is emailing us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Best I can manage is a long weekend at Bracklesham Bay toward end of October, not many pubs around there, so shouldn't take me long to check out the Lively Lady, which according to PG is the one & only venue there

    Just hope it sells something decent
    I thought I would check around, looks like any other pubs in Bracklsham Bay aren't promoting themselves. Still hopefully they are still there with good reason.

  8. #8
    Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Horndean, Hants
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Conrad, you can be sure I will have a good look around, both on journey to Bracklesham and whilst there, may even venture to the Witterings time, and blood alcohol, permitting

    Sometimes I wonder just how PG has missed some pubs, like The Fox over at Gosport, been there about 300 years or more

    OK, I know you started from out dated information, and just joking BTW

    I shall continue to "harvest" as many pubs I can find

  9. #9
    Former Pubs Galore Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    It is amusing how bad some of the listings are. Your observation about old ones missing is fairly bad, names that are 8 years out of date are really bad, and the odd Methodist church we had listed as a pub was just plain special . Liz McGraw has done an excellent job of weeding most of the really bad listings out.

  10. #10
    Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Yes, Mr & Mrs McGraw seem to be excellent contibutors to the site - i wish they would say hello on the forums. It is my ambition to visit as many places as them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •