Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drinks to avoid

Default Drinks to avoid

What drinks do the members of this forum avoid due to inducing illness or volatility etc, rather than just not liking it very much.

I mentioned on another thread that I avoid Bacardi as it turns me into a jerk. I also avoid Kronenburg and Grolsch as they give me a killer hangover.

I avoid Vodka as I black out and I hate not remembering what happened the night before.

The smell of the liqueur in chocolates makes me feel sick after a savage night when I was at a party in my younger days and the parents of the host had their drinks cabinet drunk dry, mainly by yours truely! ouch!!!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Ah, Grolsch. Am I the only ony who can't get it to go all the way down. Indigestion bait..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    What drinks do the members of this forum avoid due to inducing illness or volatility etc, rather than just not liking it very much.

I mentioned on another thread that I avoid Bacardi as it turns me into a jerk. I also avoid Kronenburg and Grolsch as they give me a killer hangover.

I avoid Vodka as I black out and I hate not remembering what happened the night before.

The smell of the liqueur in chocolates makes me feel sick after a savage night when I was at a party in my younger days and the parents of the host had their drinks cabinet drunk dry, mainly by yours truely! ouch!!!
    There's never any excuse to drink Ouzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    There's never any excuse to drink Ouzo.
    Ditto slivovicz, kruscovic and all those other revolting slavic concoctions distilled from the remains of rotten fruit and veg.

I cant drink fruit Schnapps, on account of being poisoned several years ago at my companys Nordic Xmas Party is Stockholm when I entered into a drinking contest with the assembled Swedes, Danes and Norweigans.

After the first half dozen rounds I did not spot that they were taking it in turns to 'Skol'. Consequently I lost.

The main culprit was the absolut Vodka based flavoured Snaps of the region, and even to this day I only need to smell one and the brain cuts in and closes my throat.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Never found one that really had unwanted & unexpected adverse affects. By this I mean if I drink to much of anything I wake up with a headache, or puke, pass out, forget etc, unwanted but not unexpected!

Perhaps I just have not been trying hard enough?

The one Drink I totally lost it on is Gin Yes Gin. It has that Stella effect on me and I just feel angry and I get that blood boiling feeling.
    I always remember some Girl who was in a large crowed I was drinking with in a pub one day back in the early seventy's kept putting in my Guinness when I was not looking and I totally lost It.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Any of the sticky sludge type drinks e.g. Baileys. They're just all too sweet and make me heave.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Water.

Nasty wet stuff.

Pussers - Headless chicken juice!!!

I'd have made a crap sailor and not just because I get seasick
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES