Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Narf'k

Default Narf'k

We've booked a longish weekend between Narwich and Cromer at the end of May.Any recommendations? Not averse to a bit of gastro, as long as the ale is fine. Might creep into the Fine City, but nostalgia is dangerous, so perhaps we wont.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    a longish weekend between Narwich and Cromer
    You might want to try this one at Cley: The George & Dragon There are some really disappointing pubs along the north Norfolk coast, but this one really floated my boat.

Not far away is this one at Wiveton: The Wiveton Bell A bit foody, but very pleasant when I was there at a quiet time.

My review called this one at Erpingham "a destination pub which doesn't do food on Sundays", and certainly there was a lot of beer being pulled when I was there: Spread Eagle

Or for a real wild card, this one near Holt: The Kings Head (I haven't written a review for this one, as by the time I got around to recording my visit from March 2022, Old Boots had written something very similar to what I would have written - it might seem a bit unpromising, but the beer was ok and there are some interesting features.)
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 29-04-2024 at 13:16.
    Come On You Hatters!

Thanks Will,that's given me something to work with. Guess what? they're NEW PUBS, none visited at all , year to date.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Thanks Will,that's given me something to work with. Guess what? they're NEW PUBS, none visited at all , year to date.
    Go for it!

Hope you have a good weekend.
    Come On You Hatters!