Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Beer List

  1. #11
    Administrator Dave M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    What a shame! It was a great idea.
    There were a number of issues.

    Ultimately the biggest issue is that most pubs other than spoons are really bad at updating their ales. My local Stonegate has ale 4,ale 7 and ale 9 on the app at the moment!

    I have turned the script back on for spoons but there is an issue with matching beer to brewery, Big Bog Plum Porter available in Bristol at the moment apparently. I'm pretty sure it should be Titanic.

  2. #12
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    there is an issue with matching beer to brewery, Big Bog Plum Porter available in Bristol at the moment apparently. I'm pretty sure it should be Titanic.
    You may well be right, though I think other breweries do plum porters too. Big Bog do a Peat Bog Porter, made with sphagnum moss erm, liquorice root.
    Come On You Hatters!

  3. #13
    Administrator Dave M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    You may well be right, though I think other breweries do plum porters too. Big Bog do a Peat Bog Porter, made with sphagnum moss erm, liquorice root.

    True, there are quite a few different plum porters but I have just popped into the Commercial Rooms and got myself a Titanic Plum Porter. Just for research purposes of course.

  4. #14
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    True, there are quite a few different plum porters but I have just popped into the Commercial Rooms and got myself a Titanic Plum Porter. Just for research purposes of course.
    A good choice. I bought a couple of bottles of St. Peter's Plum Porter and it tasted like cough syrup; one bottle was enough, the other resides in my medicine cabinet.

Similar Threads

  1. The Beer Nut - The endangered list
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-12-2022, 07:28
  2. a swift one - Star Beer Festival List
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-03-2015, 20:00
  3. a swift one - Marsden beer festival's ale list
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-10-2013, 23:06
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 31-10-2010, 18:06
  5. GBBF beer list announced.
    By Maldenman in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-07-2010, 07:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •