Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crèche?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    14-16 year old were allowed into a pub if accompanied by an adult .No need to have a meal ,but no alcohol.

16-18 year old can go on their own to a pub but not consume alcohol .

If these laws still exist maybe an adult with a whole bunch of children who are all snacking on a large bowl of chips maybe allowable,the landlord/manager may have to police how close to the bar the childen are,and where they roam unattended. Sitting on bar stools sounds out of order,although I've seen it in some rural pubs.

Has there been an element of deregulation recently as a result of the pub trade suffering ?? Or are some former pubs now reclassified as restaurants where regulation on children is less prescriptive. ?
    It all changed in 2003.....there's no age restriction for accompanied children in licensed premises. Unaccompanied youngsters have to be 16 or over in wet-led pubs. Though pubs can of course have their own rules, like no one under 21, and restrictions can be applied by councils to premises licences

There's a reasonable account here:

https://www.nwleics.gov.uk/files/doc...n/Children.pdf
    Last edited by NickDavies; 26-02-2024 at 17:47.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Has there been an element of deregulation recently as a result of the pub trade suffering ?? Or are some former pubs now reclassifield as restaurants where regulation on childen is less prescriptive. ?
    I don't know, but I think some pubs just don't care - maybe it is because they want to get more punters in and let them save on a babysitter.

When I reviewed The White Horse, there was actually a kid's birthday party in full swing but on passing The Floirin, I once saw a five-year-old jumping up and down on the pool table which I suspect isn't an advertised activity, but the parents - I assume parents were present - did nothing and the bar staff didn't - or were too frightened to - object.

This was the favourite topic of Manky Badger, late of this parish...

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    It all changed in 2003.....there's no age restriction for accompanied children in licensed premises. Unaccompanied youngsters have to be 16 or over in wet-led pubs. Though pubs can of course have their own rules, like no one under 21, and restrictions can be applied by councils to premises licences

There's a reasonable account here:

https://www.nwleics.gov.uk/files/doc...n/Children.pdf
    Thanks Nick that a useful summary .I may have to wait for grand childen to arrive before taking these regulations into account.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson