Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Euston Tap - interesting new pub for you

Former Pubs Galore Coder

At this point I would be remiss if I didn't point out that we reproduce his blog in our Blog Tracker forum.

It doesn't give him the traffic, and sometimes will not look correct, but it is at least black on white if that is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    At this point I would be remiss if I didn't point out that we reproduce his blog in our Blog Tracker forum.

It doesn't give him the traffic, and sometimes will not look correct, but it is at least black on white if that is the issue.
    Much easier to read and no judder when you scroll, Pencil and Spoon is bad for judder as well, too many fancy graphics and stuff; I fear.

Visited on the 30th and found the place to be quite good,only after we found the place!!! Good to catch up with Millay again.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

It is an interesting building. We called in on 23rd and found about 15 continental beers on tap and if I remember right, 8 UK beers. Bristol Beer Factory Stout 4% was not as good as their 4.5% Milk Stout, but wish we had been around the following week when their Ultimate Stout 7.3% was apparantly on. The other we tried was Thornbridge Merrie 5.9%.

There are no toilets in the building. A portaloo (I was told it was not the cleanest of places) outside for the gents and nothing for the ladies when we were there, but it is a good stop off for the odd one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    There are no toilets in the building. A portaloo (I was told it was not the cleanest of places) outside for the gents and nothing for the ladies when we were there.
    Is that legal?

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

There are no toilets in the building. A portaloo (I was told it was not the cleanest of places) outside for the gents and nothing for the ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Is that legal?
    Unless it was out-of-order, there is a single loo upstairs. Most inadequate, but I was unaware of an adjacent portaloo - surely not something that can be seen as a long-term solution next to this attractive (at least externally) gatehouse?

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

My professional view is that the provision of a single WC in a licensed premises is inadequate and contrary to the requirements of BS 6265 which deals with the provision of sanitary accommodation in different types of buildings. There should be seperate M/F facilities and with a capacity of less than 150 that would be one male WC, three female WCs, one additional urinal and handbasins to suit, ie 2 male, 3 female.
    The pub is also taking a chance if a suitable disabled person's WC is not provided as a service provider is supposed to ensure adequate facilities under the Disability Discrimination Act.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    Visited on the 30th and found the place to be quite good,only after we found the place!!! Good to catch up with Millay again.
    Indeed, it was a nice surprise to bump into you again a_e_m, especially on your inaugural Euston Tap visit. Hope you got your train connection back OK.

Bristol Beer Factory Stout 4% was not as good as their 4.5% Milk Stout, but wish we had been around the following week when their Ultimate Stout 7.3% was apparantly on. The other we tried was Thornbridge Merrie 5.9%.
    The Ultimate Stout did arrive and was very tasty, as was the Thornbridge Merrie. With the strength of some of the beers in there I tend to stick to halves and try as many as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Unless it was out-of-order, there is a single loo upstairs. Most inadequate, but I was unaware of an adjacent portaloo - surely not something that can be seen as a long-term solution next to this attractive (at least externally) gatehouse?
    Yes, the single unisex loo is still there but you do face the 'staircase challenge' to get there. The outside portaloo has only been there a couple of weeks I think and they do refer to it as a 'Gents urinal' rather than a proper toilet. Not sure if this was a result of customer complaints or some regulatory visitors. It's not an ideal situation but let's hope this innovative new bar isn't scuppered by the Health & Safety Police.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

The gents portaloo did not flush, there was no water to wash hands, and did not look very hygenic inside. It was the week of sub zero temperatures, so maybe portaloo had frozen up.

I would not like to see it closing though as it is a great use for the building.

This Space For Hire

Moaning minnies ahoy!