Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Is Brewdog now for the middle aged?

This Space For Hire

Default Is Brewdog now for the middle aged?

On a recent birthday weekend I popped into Brewdog Manchester for a quick 11a.m. half to get me ready for the onslaught of fourteen 4-71 year olds wishing me well. The music was of my era...Green Day, Lit, Taking Back Sunday. Mid to late 90s or early 00s stuff

They were clearly targeting/playing music for the 40-somethings. I presume also why it was £3.2/half - they know their audience now have a few quid to spare now.

In ten years I wonder if Brewdog will seem old fashioned? I suspect they may track "my" generation and slowly become obsolete like older brewers if they can't appeal to younger generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post

In ten years I wonder if Brewdog will seem old fashioned? I suspect they may track "my" generation and slowly become obsolete like older brewers if they can't appeal to younger generations.
    Their, and most brewers' problem is that "the Young" hardly drink,allegedly.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

I was in BrewDog Manchester on Thursday evening just gone, and there was an eclectic mix of students, 40-somethings like me and people a lot older than me. There was also a chap in a wheelchair, a partially-sighted chap being led by his wife, and more coloured hair than you could shake a stick at. I don't recall the playlist, but I'd say it was a pretty inclusive venue and not slanted to one demographic or another.
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    There was also a chap in a wheelchair, a partially-sighted chap being led by his wife, and more coloured hair than you could shake a stick at. I don't recall the playlist, but I'd say it was a pretty inclusive venue and not slanted to one demographic or another.
    When you write of 'coloured hair', do you mean dyed pink and green or is this a reference to the blue rinse granny brigade?
    Last edited by Tris39; 25-11-2023 at 18:39.