Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 29th October 2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    A superb drink and I had a half/pint (?) of the stuff there a couple of weeks ago and don't recall anything untoward about the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I don't think I would have paid £7.50 for it but as the Harp doesn't display prices I would have found out how much only when.i came to pay.£6.75 for camra members is still too dear.
    Hadn't planned another drink but passing through via Soho towards Waterloo I thought I'd have a quick look to see whats on, once I saw the Green Hop had to have it, first time since pre covid, had no idea of the price till I checked the bank account next day. Don't regret it but wouldn't want to pay those prices everyday.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Hadn't planned another drink but passing through via Soho towards Waterloo I thought I'd have a quick look to see whats on, once I saw the Green Hop had to have it, first time since pre covid, had no idea of the price till I checked the bank account next day. Don't regret it but wouldn't want to pay those prices everyday.
    Me thinks you might have been overcharged or paid someone else's bill, which nearly happened to me the other day when I was offered a card reader for around £25 for a half; noticed the mistake before it went 'ping'.

Me thinks you might have been overcharged or paid someone else's bill, which nearly happened to me the other day when I was offered a card reader for around £25 for a half; noticed the mistake before it went 'ping'.
    Possibly, back in today and payed 6.25 for a 4.3% beer, the Dark Star beer was 6.5%?
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

As I use Fullers pubs frequently I don't feel surprised at the price.In Reading I saw 2 beers at 3.4 that were £6.20

This Space For Hire

As I use Fullers pubs frequently I don't feel surprised at the price.In Reading I saw 2 beers at 3.4 that were £6.20
    £3 for a pint of Bass in Stockton yesterday in the Sun, and £2.97 for a 4%er in the Tipsy Turtle. I dread to think how much you'd have to earn down south to make living there any way comparable to up north

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    £3 for a pint of Bass in Stockton yesterday in the Sun, and £2.97 for a 4%er in the Tipsy Turtle. I dread to think how much you'd have to earn down south to make living there any way comparable to up north
    It ain't all bad in London.We get higher wages generally to people up north and the big difference for me is we get free travel when you are 60 rather than 66 in the rest of the country.And we do have a lot of Wetherspoons to alleviate the pain.
    Last edited by london calling; 06-11-2023 at 20:09.

This Space For Hire

It ain't all bad in London.We get higher wages generally to people up north and the big difference for me is we get free travel when you are 60 rather than 66 in the rest of the country.And we do have a lot of Wetherspoons to alleviate the pain.
    £4.73 a pint is a fair bit of pain. and we don't ever get Bass either.

and we don't ever get Bass either.
    Not sure why we'd want to , but each to their own.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

I personally wouldn't pay £4.73.for a Wetherspoons beer as I can get their beer for £2.60 near me.

This Space For Hire

I personally wouldn't pay £4.73.for a Wetherspoons beer as I can get their beer for £2.60 near me.
    But this place serves by far and a way the best 'spoons range I've sampled; The Surrey Docks (JD Wetherspoon) is a 'spoons where £2.00 gets you a pint.