Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liverpool, around Lime Street

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Peter Kavanagh's in Egerton Street is another we got to on our last Liverpool crawl along with Baltic Fleet, Belvedere, Cracke, Dispensary, Doctor Duncans, Everyman Bistro, Fly in the Loaf, Lion Tavern, Philharmonic, Roscoe Head, Ship & Mitre and Thomas Rigby's.

We found a leaflet in one of the pubs that has all the good centre pubs listed together with a map, and the 2010 leaflet is out now as we picked one up at York fest if I remember rightly. Have fun.
    Thanks Gill, a few more pubs to add to the list
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Hi Grailhunter, I sent you an e-mail at work but understand you are unable to pick them up so we’ll correspond through the magic of PG. As you’ll see above ROBCamra has found that there are engineering works on the Liverpool-Chester line on Sundays and the replacement bus makes it a one and a half hour journey. Don't really want to do that. I thought of Manchester, but as good as Manchester’s pubs are I’ve done most of them and there are so many new and undiscovered pubs in Liverpool.

I’m thinking of braving it out in Liverpool for the Sunday so could meet you there. The game starts at 1.30 so choose your arrival time carefully. I’m staying opposite Lime St so you can dump any luggage in my room if you want to.

We could then do Chester and/or Southport on the Monday & Tuesday.

Alternatively if you wanted to delay it and meet in Chester on the Monday instead that would be OK. There seem to be plenty of pubs in Liverpool to keep me amused.

Let me know

Cheers
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Real Ale Drinker

[QUOTE=Millay;21746]Hi Grailhunter, I sent you an e-mail at work but understand you are unable to pick them up so we’ll correspond through the magic of PG.
    Let me know
    /QUOTE]

Definitely agree that 90 minutes to get to/from Liverpool to Chester is complete rubbish. I reckon the earliest I could get to Liverpool on the sunday would be 1.00 / 1.30 so maybe best to take up your offer of dumping my bag in your room and then make a decision. If the city centre is too bad we could always get a local train somewhere nearby for a few hours or even 'do' the Mersey ferry across to Birkenhead and a few beers there. You can do the Gerry & the Pacemakers impersonation !!

Been to Southport before and have to agree with ROB it is excellent. A good option to keep in reserve.

OK mate. I’ll probably welcome a lie in on Sunday, although I suppose it’s possible a couple of the Saturday crowd might still be hanging around, hopefully not on the floor of my hotel room.

Drop me a text with your ETA when you’re on your way. I’ll have my personal mobile.

PS – First I was going to be on Strictly Come Dancing and now I’m being lined up to do impressions. I’d better sort out an Equity Card.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhunter View Post
    ....... or even 'do' the Mersey ferry across to Birkenhead and a few beers there. You can do the Gerry & the Pacemakers impersonation !!
    I wouldn't recommend Birkenhead, one decent pub, The Stork, otherwise very dodgy or just carp. The PuG reviews from a Mr Carruthers tend to highlight the pub's trouble record rather than ale quality which is probably fair comment for Birkenhead . Will Millay do requests?