Visit the Shut up about Barclay Perkins site

The main frustration of my life was to never have both simultaneously.

When working, even the 27 days I had seemed like a shackle. I needed to fit as many public holidays and weekends into my travel plans to eke those days out. (Apologies to US residents.)

Now, I can travel whatever day I want. What does it matter to me if it's midweek? All my days are free. Brilliant, isn't it? Endless holidays.

Slight downside: my income is far lower. All my pensions nailed together fall far short of my last earnings.

And my earnings from writing? Not great. Quite a bit from flogging books when I speak. It's not like I'm likely to have a million dollar book deal, is it?

I expect to do less travelling in the next few years, purely on grounds of the expense. To call it frustrating doesn't do my feeling justice.

On the bright side, I have a book describing a period where money was short: "Austerity!". My look at brewing in the UK after WW II.
If you want to help me out financially, you could invest in my new book on London Stout.It's dead good, even if I say so myself. It took me days to come up with the cover alone. Each of those white lines is the result of hours of work. That the angles of the two vertical lines are not identical is in no way a mistake and totally deliberate. Totally. Honestly.

Or in mi epic work on WW II is so big, it wouldn't fit in one book. So I gave up. No, not really. I split it into twp volumes.The first volume is all about the pubs, the breweries and how they brewed.

The second volume contains the recipes. But not just that. There are also overviews of some of the breweries covered, showing their beers at the start and the end of the conflict.
Buy one now and be the envy of your friends!

More...