Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beer Festivals

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I'd noticed. I think there is just 1 that even looks remotely worth visiting. Since the festival appears to finish at 6 we would be a bit lost for soemwhere to go afterwards.
    If you're on train you could consider breaking the rtn journey at Egham, we had quite a good day there but can't update situ since Apr07.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    good luck enjoy the beer at the festival you wont get much choice in the nearby pubs

Sadly a little far for me to put a bus on:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...e=UTF8&t=h&z=8
    *insert something clever/humorous/interesting here*

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Been a brilliant week of beer festivals for us. Tamworth, Minehead and York all superb. Expecting the same from Darlington today. So many new breweries around. Wainstones Sandstone in particular at York could well be beer of the month, never mind beer of the week. Superb. The other 2 from the same brewery were good too. Will watch out for more of these.

Teetotal

Smile The Padwell Harvest Beer Festival

Well I paid the money and the ticket price included ten half pints of beer. Infact entrance was free this was just an advance beer purchase. That is what the advertising said, and that is precisely what was delivered.

Delighted that they are running it again this year. £11 for "Friends of The Padwell" ....whatever that is and £13 for Joe Public includes five pints. Thats £2.60 a pint so I have already called Maria at the Padwell and ordered myself thre tickets , one for each day

See you there

Quote Originally Posted by Donny1Rovers1 View Post
    Well I paid the money and the ticket price included ten half pints of beer. Infact entrance was free this was just an advance beer purchase. That is what the advertising said, and that is precisely what was delivered.

Delighted that they are running it again this year. £11 for "Friends of The Padwell" ....whatever that is and £13 for Joe Public includes five pints. Thats £2.60 a pint so I have already called Maria at the Padwell and ordered myself thre tickets , one for each day

See you there
    I think this is the place, I thought for a moment it was something to do with Doncaster Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I think this is the place, I thought for a moment it was something to do with Doncaster Rovers
    Looks like it! i reviewed it a few years back on the dark side:rather forlorn, but it could be a cracker in the orchards and nut platts of a prosperous part of West Kent. The Larkins Traditional was epic.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Our next beer festival will be Worcester. Going for the day on Friday. Haven't been since the year it got flooded out, but always used to enjoy it.

A day in Sheffield planned for 11/8 although not a beer festival will be as good as.
    4 nights at Old Windsor mean we can spend a few days at Egham USC festival that runs 18-21/8. Brill in Easter and advance list for August looks terrific too.
    Peterborough fest next, but just for the day on 25/8. A top fest with good prov list out.
    London Midland train for London on 2/9 for the day. Want to try some of the pubs debated around here.
    Harbury fest for the day on 3/9.
    Tamworth fest on 8/9
    Minehead fest 10/9 and 11/9.
    York fest 15-17/9. Caravan up there for 5 nights so will enjoy the pubs too.