Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beer Festivals

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi Ed,

I just edited your post, all the links were a little broken (no idea why), should be fine now.

Just to mention the Castle Inn (West Lulworth), they are really into using the Internet to promote themselves, very proactive which I always think is a good sign. Currently using their Twitter feed as a test case with the fiddling I am doing on the site.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Having added a fair few website links to PG, I too followed the link to see what they were doing and was impressed as well - an excellent website which other pubs would do well to take a look at.

I do find it frustrating that while most pub websites say they offer "real ale", very few will let on what it is they're actually selling! Maybe they've got some kind of Greene King tie going on (in which case their reticence is perhaps understandable) but, if they reckon the ale is a selling point, why not do a bit of promotion - it is free after all.

And, getting back to The Castle Inn - I see that they've had the good sense to feature beer from the superb Dark Star brewery - well done again!

Hello lads,

Happened to be looking at Google Analytics, well I do it every night!, and spotted a few referrals from here!

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Just to mention the Castle Inn (West Lulworth), they are really into using the Internet to promote themselves, very proactive which I always think is a good sign. Currently using their Twitter feed as a test case with the fiddling I am doing on the site.
    I try and use the internet as much as possible, it's one of the best ways to promote yourself and also one of the cheapest - I take a lot of pride in our website and the stats back that up!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    Having added a fair few website links to PG, I too followed the link to see what they were doing and was impressed as well - an excellent website which other pubs would do well to take a look at.
    Thanks Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    And, getting back to The Castle Inn - I see that they've had the good sense to feature beer from the superb Dark Star brewery - well done again!
    Dark Star is a superb brewery, hoping to get some more in at some point once the spotlight comes away from them after their GBBF win with their APA.

Cheers,

Alex
    The Castle Inn, West Lulworth, Dorset.
    http://www.thecastleinn-lulworthcove.co.uk/

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Greetings Alex

Drop by more often - good to get the view of people in the trade

roll on a trip to Lulworth
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by The Archivist View Post
    Greetings Alex

Drop by more often - good to get the view of people in the trade

roll on a trip to Lulworth
    Hey,

When I first sorted out the account on PubsGalore the forums weren't quite so used - will definitely try and get the odd comment in here and there!

Ed definitely chose the best days to come down to Lulworth, the weather has been great today! Yesterday (and the rest of the week) it's been pouring it down!

Have had a few problems with our beer quality over the last week since our cellar cooler decided to give up on us on Monday and Coors (still) haven't come out to fix it yet. One negative of being a freehold where "fizzy" sales are minimal - you get minimal cellar services support from your lager supplier!

We also had our first Beer and Cider Festival the same weekend as Eds. Couldn't have asked for better weather thankfully! We had 29 beers and 18 ciders available from the start in the Marquee - managed to shift pretty much all the cider (24 boxes and 4 polypins sold!) and only about 5 firkins worth of beer left over.

Cheers,

Alex
    The Castle Inn, West Lulworth, Dorset.
    http://www.thecastleinn-lulworthcove.co.uk/

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Alex,

You may interested to know that the Dark Star Brewery is moving sites and will be tripling capacity. They should be in the new place around about now. Hopefully, that'll mean more Hophead for all of us (go - get some in - your regulars will love you for it)!

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi Alex,

Glad to see you here, and well done on the Analytics, that was an incredibly quick spot. I hope you find the time to regularly pop in as I am keen to get the perspective of publicans to help us improve Pubs Galore.

I should add I am feeling a little guilty now as Ed is one of the other people I would pick out as being very proactive on the web with his Kilverts in Hay on Wye web site. Although I am being a little petulant as he hasn't followed our twitter feed yet. (I doubt he even knows about it).

Conrad

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Just looking through this weekend's list, and find it hard to believe that Padwell Arms (Seal, Kent) wants to charge £11 (adv) or £14 (on day) seemingly just to get in!!! http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/beerfest...al.php?id=1071
    If I lived nearby I'd be swerving that in protest, probably with a gesture from Agincourt.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Just looking through this weekend's list, and find it hard to believe that Padwell Arms (Seal, Kent) wants to charge £11 (adv) or £14 (on day) seemingly just to get in!!! http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/beerfest...al.php?id=1071
    If I lived nearby I'd be swerving that in protest, probably with a gesture from Agincourt.
    It apparently includes 5 pints though! http://www.ukcalendars.com/cgi-bin/c...oth&Type=Block

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    This is something I feel quite strongly about. If I was relatively new to ale, and wanted to go to a festival to learn a bit more I wouldn't pay that much admission! That's why we offer free admission but customers will only be served in a festival glass (£5, £4 CAMRA). So people not-to-sure can still come in and get a feel for the festival, and if they think it's not for them it hasn't cost them a penny. If they do like it, they buy their glass and that's their admission then for the entire weekend (plus they can keep it as a souvenir.
    *insert something clever/humorous/interesting here*