Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby ( the place, not the game)

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Due to arrive at 11:13...
    More good news.

How about we say we meet in the Seven Stars at 12.00 noon then when it is scheduled to open.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Happy to go with the flow and haven't done any research yet, not keen on Spoons but if that's the only option..... , will probably find a greasy spoon before that.
    I’m not fussed about the ‘Spoons either so let’s say meet in the Seven Stars when it is scheduled to open
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    I’m not fussed about the ‘Spoons either so let’s say meet in the Seven Stars when it is scheduled to open
    Sounds good to me.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

I see that Will has found a new venue in Rugby,Inside the 22 which needs reviewing and a photo.

Are you lads going to Rugby feeling brave ?

On the way to or from The Raglan.

Enjoy the day,wish I could join you but I'm out on the same day in Cambridge on a substantial crawl .
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I see that Will has found a new venue in Rugby,Inside the 22 which needs reviewing and a photo.

Who knows, Dutch courage is a funny thing.
    -W.C.Fields

Ooh, there's a challenge that needs responding to (assuming that I'm still up for that when it opens at 17:00)!

Yes, I was doing a little virtual exploration in hope of finding some justification for the massive outlay in train fares and time that it would take for me to get to Rugby.

Looking at my notebook from 2014, the last time we had a Pubs Galore crawl in Rugby, it took me just short of two hours on the train to get there, and just over 90 minutes to get back to Sheffield, at a total cost of £17.70. Since then the trains from Tamworth to Rugby have been retimed so that instead of waiting there for 15 minutes it is now 50 minutes, and the total journey is now 2 hours 26 minutes. The return journey, in contrast, is almost exactly the same duration as it was nine years ago.

Surprisingly, the cost of the fares has not gone up by as much as I thought - just an extra £2.70. So, perhaps I'll be coming to this one after all.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Yes, I was doing a little virtual exploration in hope of finding some justification for the massive outlay in train fares and time that it would take for me to get to Rugby.

Looking at my notebook from 2014, the last time we had a Pubs Galore crawl in Rugby, it took me just short of two hours on the train to get there, and just over 90 minutes to get back to Sheffield, at a total cost of £17.70. Since then the trains from Tamworth to Rugby have been retimed so that instead of waiting there for 15 minutes it is now 50 minutes, and the total journey is now 2 hours 26 minutes. The return journey, in contrast, is almost exactly the same duration as it was nine years ago.

Surprisingly, the cost of the fares has not gone up by as much as I thought - just an extra £2.70. So, perhaps I'll be coming to this one after all.
    That would be great if you can.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Have you tried splitting tickets at Derby (as that's often the cheapest way to travel between West Midlands and Sheffield or vice versa)?

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Have you tried splitting tickets at Derby (as that's often the cheapest way to travel between West Midlands and Sheffield or vice versa)?
    Is the Derbyshire Wayfarer still available? Cheap travel from Sheffield as far as Burton.