Ads not shown when logged in
Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Review???? (Suggestions for removal)

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Right well upon discussion, we have decided that the review left by Sarah Davis was unsuitable and would have been deleted had anyone requested it (or we had spotted it). So with that in mind we have amended it so that the text is now gone, the stub is still there though so that it is obvious that the new reviews are replying to something that we have removed.

Edit: Just in case any one was wondering as well, the evidence suggests that all the replies are by different users rather than multiple accounts, so well done to the owner for rallying such support and handling it.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Just to add my two pennyworth, I can see exactly where Soupy is coming from, as Millay says we do fear "flame wars" and if they get to a certain level Conrad and Dave should just delete the whole series of posts. However in general I think all reviews should stand unless they are obscene, potentionally libellous, or are disguised adverts. I'll put up with a few "nuff said"s, bad spelling, worse grammer and even misplaced apostrophes.
    I completely agree with Millay, in that we don't want to get over-protective and I don't object at all to people complaining as long as it sticks to complaining about crap beer, or a miserable landlord - indeed, i am about to review the Robin Hood in Willenhall that has a little disagreement going on at the moment. I do object though if it goes beyong complaining at gets into being viscious, or things that may have legal ramifications.

In future i will offer my reasons and a suggested course of action, as requested. Further, i think it also makes a complete mockery of the rating system - which i do not use. When one person rates it as a 1 and the others, as 10 - excepting for the owner that gave it an 8!
    MILD:

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    In future i will offer my reasons and a suggested course of action, as requested. Further, i think it also makes a complete mockery of the rating system - which i do not use. When one person rates it as a 1 and the others, as 10 - excepting for the owner that gave it an 8!
    So there is a way of viewing the rating system that is not mockery?

I'm still awaiting the request to make it out of 11

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    So there is a way of viewing the rating system that is not mockery?

I'm still awaiting the request to make it out of 11
    That would be daft - but i think you should allow ½'s and ¼'s
    MILD:

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Bit OT, but I like Hondo's new reviews, is it damming with faint praise I wonder?

Standard beers, pub has dart board
    Love it, concise a to the point

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/48891/

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Bit OT, but I like Hondo's new reviews, is it damming with faint praise I wonder?

Standard beers, pub has dart board
    Love it, concise a to the point

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/48891/
    Hondo? Concise? Surely not.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Former Pubs Galore Coder

As a point of interest Diva's are now promoting us off their Facebook page

what happened to the Robin Hood, Willenhall reviews?
    MILD:

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I am not sure I want to know.

It is one that is evolving.

D C left a review that deserved to be removed, and we would have done had it been reported. It was basically a rant at the landlord, nothing that actually crossed the line, but not what I would call a review.

Tog Isaacs left a review that countered the D C review, but only had one line about the pub, was just saying that the D C review was rubbish, still not a review, but nothing wrong with it beyond that.

Andy Vaughan left a review that countered the D C review, got a little personal about D C, a little more about the pub, but most was a counter to the D C review. Again not really a review and also personal comments, not too bad, but not what I want.

Andy Vaughan sent us feedback to tell us that the D C review should be removed and quoted our terms and conditions at us (please don't do that, it is very irritating) and basically told us that any review that anyone disagreed with should be removed. At this point I have still not read this.

D C removes his review.

I read Andy Vaughan's Feedback and purge the 2 replies that are now replying to nothing, had I had the opportunity I would have also purged D C's review.

D C has since been in and left a more balanced review that is not just a ranting letter of complaint. I still don't like it as I saw his initial review, but can see nothing wrong with it to cause a deletion sadly.

I am guessing it is a case of watch this space.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Conrad, reading the above I do not envy your task trying to steer a line between reviews and rants, rather you than me and well done for at least not going round and murdering someone [tongue in cheek, not an invitation to slaughter]