Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Last night..

Default Last night..

.. I decided to have pint or so at my local. Snow was really bucketing down and I decided to be brave.

Off I went, It was really bizarre to see normally fast super car (Ferrari) forced go slow on already slushy road. I got inside the pub.. To my horror.

No customers! Tuesday is traditionally one of busiest night due to Grill Night. 3 staff twiddling their thumbs and suddenly.. staff rushed their feet and trying to serve me my fave beer.. Spitfire. They were going "It's my turn to pull".. "I dont think so mate, my turn" etc etc! I was bit embrassed but amusing at same time

I sat down in front of roaring log fire and reading The Sun.

I was the only customer in there for 2 hours! I walked home with snow into my face and my glasses was filled up with sticking snow..

What an experience..
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

I wasn't drinking last night due to working otherwise I would have, Soupy nearly didn't make it to the pub but it takes more than a foot of snow to keep him from MILD

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

With 9-10" of snow on the ground, I went for a walk around the village last night to see how it had been affected. Called into my local around 6pm to see twenty five or so, merrily supping away! Far more than I expected.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    With 9-10" of snow on the ground, I went for a walk around the village last night to see how it had been affected. Called into my local around 6pm to see twenty five or so, merrily supping away! Far more than I expected.
    We Midlanders are really softies despite there was only 2cm worth of snow on ground.. If there is single flake falling, Midlanders throw in panic mode! I wish we could follow you and Yorkies as example..
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Real Ale Drinker

I am out in the country and there was no chance of me getting anywhere near a pub or shop for the time being,oh well a good job i stacked up with lots of booze over xmas.

My "coldest" pub crawling was Nottingham 2004 when the temperature was barely above freezing. Pavements was covered in ice, not easy when you are getting tipsy! If yesterday's Derby pub crawl did go ahead then it would easily beat Nottingham of 2004..

My "hottest" pub crawling has got to be Stratford Upon Avon in Aug 2006 (the day the record for hottest day in UK was broken).. It was 35C during the day. It was so hot that I was forced to drink cold Ciders. My brand new Tamworth FC shirt smelled of bad BO! I was very glad when night came and cooled me down a lot!

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

About 25 years ago me and a mate went on a crawl of Wellington in about 8 inches of snow , dressed for the weather in the at the time fashionable Doc Martins , Donkey Jacket and jeans , after a few pubs we went in the Raven got our pints and sat down , a women appeared dressed as a pirate waving a collecting tin " Its a charity night , anyone not in fancy dress has to pay 50p (about the price of a pint)" Quick as a flash my mate says "we have come as football hooligans" the woman looked at us and said "oh yes i see now" and went away , we cracked up laughing , drank up sharpish and went to the Dun Cow .

Gosh, don't you lot lead exciting lives. We had our obligatory two inches this morning, delvered, as usual, on two minutes flat. Turn your back and you miss it's arrival. Mind you, if it's snows again tonight the bluidy lot will freeze and we'll be stuck with it for weeks.......... an Old Peculiar to you all......
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Well now we have these freezing temperatures killing off all these air borne bugs how come I have developed a stinker of a cold today ?
    I have no where else to go tomorrow so I may stay in bed drinking hot toddies and sleeping all afternoon. Not much very different then. I have a chicken curry of doubtful vintage in the slow cooker so it could be a case of kill or cure.
    Oggwyn whatever happened to donkey jackets and duffel bags. I dont remember the jackets being all that warm and they had a strange smell when wet.Mind you that could have been me.