I get the impression a few of the regular posters on here (as well as their obvious passion for all things 'Pub-Related') also have an interest in The History of Railways! I also detect a few are from The West Country...Oooh Arrrr!
Well.....I have to come up with a design for The Railway Inn at Sandford in Somerset (which has just been bought by Thatchers the Cider Brewers) and as I'm not very well informed on 'Rail-History' wondered if any of our more learned posters would have any info on Train type, numbers, colours destination names on front etc.
All I know is there used to be a railway line between Cheddar and Yatton which passed through the Sandford & Banwell station transporting strawberries ( Known as The Strawberry Line). This line has now disappeared and is made into a foot and cycling path which part of it runs through the Thatchers orchard.
I'm thinking of an image of an old steam train hurtling through the apple orchard but obviously want everything to be factual and historically correct
Any input advice or links gratefully accepted .