With the Premier League prediction game in full swing I wondered if there were any rugby fans out there who fancy a ‘punt’ on the two European cups starting shortly. Or maybe you’re doing so badly that you think you might as well have a go with a different shaped ball

They are over a shorter period and require less frequent picks than the football so should not be too onerous. The format is the same for both competitions, group games are played over two weeks in Oct, two in Dec and two in Jan. The Knockout stages are then in April/May next year.

There are two competitions available,

The Heineken Cup is for Europe’s premier rugby teams and starts this Friday 8th October. The Pubs Galore league code is SUESHIGH.

The Amlin European Challenge Cup is for Europe’s second string teams with the first game this Thursday 7th October. The Pubs Galore league code is MOVEHOLE.

All those participating in the Premier League game should get an e-mail invitation, anyone else who wants to join is welcome but please let me know via this forum as I will need to accept the application. The Sportsguru site can be found at this link