Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bath pubs

I'm on the road! I will be flying the colours in my PG t-shirt in case there is anyone who is looking for me and doesn't know me. I may even have an "I am 50" helium balloon tied to my head after the first 10 pubs.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I'm on the road! I will be flying the colours in my PG t-shirt in case there is anyone who is looking for me and doesn't know me. I may even have an "I am 50" helium balloon tied to my head after the first 10 pubs.
    You and Father Jack in the same City

I think I'll stay in the relative safety of the Shires today. Hope you have a great day though Roger
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    You and Father Jack in the same City
    It's been done before and the world's still turning!

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Have a good day out Roger, I enjoyed Bath thoroughly. Just don't go into an Indian restaurant up a flight of stairs over a shop that's all!

Due to me needing some extra Z's I will be departing 10:37 now, arriving 11:38....will you be en route to somewhere by then or still in the centre?

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Good to see you there Roger, hopefully you are still out enjoying your beers now.

I look forward to the tales of the day, having only made 4 of the pubs (1 of which none of you managed, well not the inside anyway )

An excellent day (apart from the grumpy git at the Royal Oak who refused to open for us - he should pop into the Griffin for a course on customer care!). Didn't quite manage to tick off all the pubs but had a great time trying and it leaves a good excuse to return, should such an excuse be necessary.

Thanks to all the guys (and girl) that showed up or contributed with recommendations. Everyone seemed to have a different opinion on their favourite pub which shows what a diverse and eclectic bunch of pubs we found.

We managed to lose Father Jack after the Bell when he was diverted by a temptress in a kebab shop so unfortunately he missed out on an excellent curry (we did save you a seat) in a quite palatial curry house that we were steered towards by a guy outside the Volunteer Riflemans. It cost us a bit of drinking time although some members were beginning to flag a bit by then anyway.

Managed to get home without breaking any bones and even Quinno remembered to get off at Reading (I wouldn't have managed). I actually feel quite chirpy this morning and was even in work before 9.

Once again, thanks to all who helped me start the second half of my century. Just 10 years to think about what to do for my Sixtieth!

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

unfortunately he missed out on an excellent curry (we did save you a seat) in a quite palatial curry house
    Most certainly not the one I ended up in!

It was called the Eastern Eye, 8A Quiet Street if you find yourself in Bath again looking for a decent ruby!

Indeed it was a cracking curry!

We never did find the Old Green Tree in the end, despite me asking every passer-by who didn't look like a tourist. It probably didn't help that we were quite tiddly by then!