Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suspicous publicans

Quote Originally Posted by filo View Post
    Its a bit of an unusual photo for someone who claims to be in the infants in 1983. You seem to have a 60's or 70's hair style and poor dress sense. Your not kidding me are you?
    Ok, so the photo isn't actually me, but it gives a good idea of me - only my hair is a bit better and dress sense a bit worse.

Quote Originally Posted by filo View Post
    There was another pub nearby that sold something called "Halls" what would that be?
    Bit stumped on that to be honest. There was the Red Lion not far away which was demolished about 10 years back, which I think came as no surprise as the regulars seemed to try to demolish it most weekends from what I heard - I was never brave enough to visit. The more likely options would be the Knowle Hotel if you were thinking of a bit of a backstreet boozer or the George if it was on the Wells Road.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Ok, so the photo isn't actually me, but it gives a good idea of me - only my hair is a bit better and dress sense a bit worse.
    This excerpt is in no way a normal day with us at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    had my first suspicious gaffer today and took my first phot inside a pub, i really wanted to capture the decorative wood panel and the nice lady in riding boots
    That is very nice wood panelling at the Shoulder of Mutton, thanks for sharing.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

different pub, Sonny Jim - i took that as the Shoulder is going to be knocked down for flats apparently

The lady in the riding boots remains in my collection!

Will write the pubs up over next few days

Ah ok, I was trying to work out if the person at the bar was a lady and if so was she wearing riding boots. I would've been disappointed if that was the photo you'd been talking about - did think it might be the same place though.

Sorry to hear of the imminent demise of the Shoulder though, looks like a reasonable sort of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Occassionally we get a photo of a glass fronted pub taken head on, in those you can sometimes make out a vague reflection of the photographer themself! This is the kind of things that keep me excited on those days when I have 900 photos to go through!
    Ok, just had a bit of a first. If you take a look at the photo of the bar of the City House the photographer has managed to get in his own photo twice!

Smile Happy Snapper

Yes, I can relate to your problem. I find that speed is of the essence, and that the quicker I can take a photo the less attention I draw to myself. I find that inside pubs I tend to be tolerated, if not treated as a simpleton.

I remember Once I tried to take photos of pub in Derby which I refuse to name (hint: Soupy and OB have been there)

Anyway.. As I finished my pint, I went out and was about to take a snap. Publican waved at me and called me over so I went over. He queried what Iam doing taking photographs of his pub.

I said simply "It is for pub website called Pubsgalore and we are pub enthusiasts. We try to take photo for every pub in UK"

His response was "Oh sorry.. please do take photographs. Many you can as possible!" He was very keen to advertise his pub on website.

Never had problems since then

I have been looking through the loads of photos me and the mrs took on our travels. It surprises me the number of photos I took in the vicinity of a pub without taking an actual picture of the pub. What a wasted opportunity I cannot remember where most were taken, typical!