Visit the Paul Bailey's Beer Blog site

There doesn't seem to have been much happening locally onthe beer front, which perhaps points to the fact that I need to get out more. I'vedone the topic of the weather to death so as far as going places is concerned, whichmeans I can't really hide behind that excuse anymore. I can though, hide behindthe fact that I've been quite busy doing stuff in the garden, admittedly apretty boring topic to all those not interested in plants and growing things, butfortunately it's reached the stage now where there's not too much left to do.Apart from equally boring stuff, like being busy at work, andgetting my car serviced there hasn’t been much else going on, and whilst lastFriday's bus trip to Goudhurst proved a welcome break, the lack of things goingon has meant there’s been precious little to write about. This coming Friday, therewas supposed to be a CAMRA organised bus outing to Groombridge and Langton, butfor some reason, best known to the organisers, the trip has been postponed.
One thing that has been keeping me busy, and has been goingon quietly in the background, are the pages I’ve been adding to this blog. WhenI say “pages” I mean exactly that, as unlike “posts,” pages don't come with dates attached tothem. They are, in effect, static content, a timeless entity if you like;whereas posts are dynamic content that gets added to regularly. For want of abetter description posts are the site author’s regularly updated blog entries.
That’s the technical stuff out of the way, so how did this all come about,and where on this site can the pages be found? Well, there are only four ofthem at this point in time, and apart from the introductory page,which is all about me, the others cover topics such as drinking abroad, differentbeer styles, and a couple of interesting cities I’ve visited. In the main, thecopy has been sourced from my now defunct, WordPress website – Paul’s Beer Travels, as when I decided not to continue with the site, I took the precautionof saving the vast majority of the articles I’d written. I did this, before theweb host I was using, took the site down, and fortunately there was a period ofgrace between me cancelling my subscription and the hosting company pulling theplug.
It took a significant amount of time saving, all thearticles I’d written as Word documents, but the effort involved, paled intoinsignificance when compared to the time it would have taken to re-writeeverything from scratch. Furthermore, if I had attempted a total re-write, thenewly created stuff wouldn’t have matched the original. It might have beenbetter, but that was not a chance I was willing to take. Besides, I’ve got farbetter things to do with my time, even if that does include the odd spot ofdigging, weeding, planting, or pruning!
As for finding this material on the site, that’s easy, just lookin the top left-hand corner of the blog, immediately below the banner heading,and adjacent to the topmost post. There you will find a non-descript sub-headingwhich says “PAGES.” Click on any of the titles below, apart from the top onewhich says “Home,” and straight away you will be directed to the appropriatepage. Clicking on “home” will direct you back to the main blog.As with the normal blog posts, you can comment on the pages,although to date no one has done so. As time goes on, I plan to add furtherpages, and will also explore ways of making the section stand out more than itdoes at present, so why not take a closer look and get clicking!

Follow Blog via EmailClick to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

More...